News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Movies you've recently watched

Started by FunkMonk, March 10, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Echelon- A friend told me this was a good film. I no longer trust that friend. Typical cliched hollywood stuff.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 06:44:21 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 03, 2009, 11:03:38 PM
Watched the Star Trek TOS episode "Balance of Terror". Haven't seen it since I was a little kid. Rocked my balls off. :thumbsup:
That's the one with Mark Lenard as the Romulan captain, right?
Yes. He was great in his first role in Star Trek.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

BuddhaRhubarb

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was ok. I watched it through but had a hard time being engaged by it. really well shot, and the various periods looked cool, but overall uh meh.

6.435 really creepy babies who grow up to be Brad Pitt outta 10
:p

DisturbedPervert

Fanboys.  4 Star Wars nerds journey across the country to the George Lucas Ranch in order steal episode I before it comes out.  Some funny nerd scenes, more amusing than I expected.

FunkMonk

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 04, 2009, 03:11:40 PM
Dial M for Murder
The Rules of the Game

Post-dinner, during four bottles of wine with agreeable US Navy female personnel.

Good weekend.
Saw The Rules of the Game a few weeks ago and finally saw Dial M for Murder two nights ago. Very good films.  :cool:

Also, streaming Netflix instant queues to my XBox is fantastically convenient. Everyone should do it.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 05, 2009, 08:47:27 PM
Also, streaming Netflix instant queues to my XBox is fantastically convenient. Everyone should do it.

No, I'd rather not stream Netflix instant queues to your xbox.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2009, 08:57:01 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 05, 2009, 08:47:27 PM

No, I'd rather not stream Netflix instant queues to your xbox.
:(

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 05:04:13 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 04, 2009, 03:53:39 PM
A Victory class might not get away as easily though, they were a lot smaller and could probably be blown up by the Enterprise.
This is, of course, a ridiculous assertion.
You and I both know that the Enterprise crew would pull some sort of technobabble Deus ex Machina out of a hat and blow up the Star Destroyer.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 05, 2009, 09:03:55 PMYou and I both know that the Enterprise crew would pull some sort of technobabble Deus ex Machina out of a hat and blow up the Star Destroyer.

The Enterprise's greatest asset is Spock.  Spock > Teh Force.

Neil

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 05, 2009, 09:03:55 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 05:04:13 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 04, 2009, 03:53:39 PM
A Victory class might not get away as easily though, they were a lot smaller and could probably be blown up by the Enterprise.
This is, of course, a ridiculous assertion.
You and I both know that the Enterprise crew would pull some sort of technobabble Deus ex Machina out of a hat and blow up the Star Destroyer.
They haven't the firepower.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 05, 2009, 09:23:09 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 05, 2009, 09:03:55 PMYou and I both know that the Enterprise crew would pull some sort of technobabble Deus ex Machina out of a hat and blow up the Star Destroyer.

The Enterprise's greatest asset is Spock.  Spock > Teh Force.
So is TNG inferior to TOS? Data fills the Spock role decently enough.

Also Picard > Kirk

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 05, 2009, 09:25:13 PM
So is TNG inferior to TOS? Data fills the Spock role decently enough.

Also Picard > Kirk

Data is no Spock.  He's good, but not that good.

And, as we've discussed this issue before, I'm not even going to address that latter comment.  <_<

BuddhaRhubarb

watched Carlos Reygadas' 2nd film "Battle In Heaven". Dude really likes to film ugly people having sex. if you can get past that (and you may not be able too) , a very interesting film about guilt and it's nature. weird weird little movie.

7.000001 fat Mexicans in love outta 10
:p

Admiral Yi

Almost Famous.  15 year old travels with a rock band in 74 and writes an article for Rolling Stone.  It was so so.  Relationships are flat, the band is not that good.  The groupies are cute though.  That Hudson chick and Adam Sandler's squeeze from Waterboy.

Seedy, what the fuck were you thinking with your "Tiny Dancer" poll? :lol: