News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CdM's next target=Italy

Started by katmai, February 17, 2010, 10:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

PDH

In eastern US cities 100+ years ago writers at times commented on "roof rabbit" meals.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Quote from: PDH on February 18, 2010, 10:06:26 AM
In eastern US cities 100+ years ago writers at times commented on "roof rabbit" meals.

Sure they did, gramps.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on February 18, 2010, 04:14:21 AM
What does the "L" stand for?
It stands for Leeroy, which is his name. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 18, 2010, 08:54:56 AM
I would guess cats taste similar to rabbit.

When my mother - who grew up in the 40s - bought deep frozen rabbit at the supermarket she always referred to it as "Polish roof rabbit", a term from my granny.  :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lettow77

I knew about roof rabbit. My great uncle lawrence does not share my profound feeling for cats in a non-culinary manner.

Still, this seems harmless enough. Cats are too fickle to serve man, which is fine, but it also does not afford them the moral bulwark against consumption dogs and horses enjoy.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

The Larch

Apparently the guy qualified his statement afterwards claiming it was something that was tipically done in rural Tuscany the 30s and 40s, when he was young.

In Spain we also have a saying that goes along the lines of "Serving cat instead of rabbit" (Dar gato por liebre), as it was something done by unscrupulous establishments back in the day.

Anyway, I think you'll be more interested to see a picture of the co-host of the show. :perv:

Pedrito, what happened to Antonella? Isn't she hosting "La prova del cuoco" anymore?

Pedrito

Quote from: The Larch on February 19, 2010, 04:50:29 AM
Pedrito, what happened to Antonella? Isn't she hosting "La prova del cuoco" anymore?

I didn't even know the show changed host, but this new one is, well, interesting :perv: What's her name?

Antonella Clerici right in these days is hosting San Remo's Music Festival, a big career jump for her - if it can be said of hosting a contest of crappy songs sung by old glories and X Factor celebrities, with the throwing in of the last heir of Savoia's dinasty singing the worst of them all  :rolleyes:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

Quote from: Pedrito on February 19, 2010, 05:25:16 AM
Quote from: The Larch on February 19, 2010, 04:50:29 AM

I didn't even know the show changed host, but this new one is, well, interesting :perv: What's her name?

Antonella Clerici right in these days is hosting San Remo's Music Festival, a big career jump for her - if it can be said of hosting a contest of crappy songs sung by old glories and X Factor celebrities, with the throwing in of the last heir of Savoia's dinasty singing the worst of them all  :rolleyes:

L.

It's Italian TV after all, there's no shortage of eye candy thrown around.  :lol: It was a nice incentive to watch it when I was learning the language.  ;)

About the new host, her name is in the article:

QuoteBigazzi claimed cat stew was a Tuscan specialty near the Arno river valley, but co-host Elisa Isoardi looked so embarrassed she ducked behind a cart of fresh salad greens whose healthy virtues the two were supposed to be chatting about.