Man infatuated with U.S. VP breaches Olympic security

Started by jimmy olsen, February 17, 2010, 07:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Strix on February 17, 2010, 10:03:39 PM
Sadly, I saw Biden on TV today and thought Obama was finally turning him into a black man than I remembered it was Ash Wednesday and that was only ashes on his forehead.

I'm happy to report that you no longer have to avoid black people.  They can't turn you black.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: KRonn on February 18, 2010, 01:16:49 PMHe had a home made security pass, and what ever else he did to fool authorities to get that close. That's an error by security, and is at least an issue of concern. If the guy had been dangerous things could have turned out quite differently.

Well, there were two parts to it right?

1. He was checked by security and had no weapons, explosives or anything else dangerous on him.  If he had any kind of dangerous materials, he would have been stopped.  No one got anything dangerous near Biden and Biden was never in danger.  In other words, security did its job.

2. He swindled his way into the venue with a false ticket.  This was a fuck-up, but it's not a security issue.  If the man had bought a legitimate ticket he could've gotten to exactly the same point and be exactly as (non-)threatening.

garbon

Sadly, I saw Biden on TV today and thought Obama was finally turning him into a black man than I remembered it was Ash Wednesday and that was only ashes on his forehead.

How could Obama make Biden black? Even if theoretically possible, wouldn't Obama have to be black? :tinfoil:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: Jacob on February 18, 2010, 02:08:34 PM
Quote from: KRonn on February 18, 2010, 01:16:49 PMHe had a home made security pass, and what ever else he did to fool authorities to get that close. That's an error by security, and is at least an issue of concern. If the guy had been dangerous things could have turned out quite differently.

Well, there were two parts to it right?

1. He was checked by security and had no weapons, explosives or anything else dangerous on him.  If he had any kind of dangerous materials, he would have been stopped.  No one got anything dangerous near Biden and Biden was never in danger.  In other words, security did its job.

2. He swindled his way into the venue with a false ticket.  This was a fuck-up, but it's not a security issue.  If the man had bought a legitimate ticket he could've gotten to exactly the same point and be exactly as (non-)threatening.
A "foul-up" concerning a VP (of any nation) would likely be called a security breach. This likely was a minor issue, but still, any security issue involving a Pres or VP of any nation isn't a small matter. Not trying to make too big a thing out of this. But was this guy or anyone supposed to get so close, without special permission? I don't know. News article says 12 steps or 12 feet away. Pretty close for just Joe Anonymous to get to. As for no weapons. Seems people intent on bad things are finding all sorts of places to hide hard to find explosives or weapons.

Strix

Quote from: Razgovory on February 18, 2010, 01:52:20 PM

I'm happy to report that you no longer have to avoid black people.  They can't turn you black.

Does this mean you're finally leaving the basement?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point