News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Call me Bone Breaker

Started by Ed Anger, January 30, 2010, 10:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Ed used Constitution as a dump stat to get his Fertility score up.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Capetan Mihali

Good luck with the hand, and enjoy the Darvocet.   :cool:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

sbr

I dropped a car battery on my foot, broke two bones in my foot.

I was day dreaming while retracting an extension ladder and had it come down on my hand, broke two bones in my hand.

I am rather certain I have broken every finger/thumb so far in random basketball/football/workplace mishaps.

That's it for broken bones.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on January 30, 2010, 03:42:40 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 30, 2010, 03:36:09 PM
I'm trying to figure out why your CCW did not come into play. 

Surely even in the US it is not legal to use deadly force to stop a purse snatching?  It happened in a parking lot, not his home...

The grocery store has a no guns sign in the door, and you gotta respect the property/business owner's policy.

And I'm not going to shoot somebody for a purse. Even I have limits. Slapjack them silly, maybe. I wish I had my slapjack with me.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 30, 2010, 10:39:13 AM
Left hand (to be more precise, my pinky knuckle area) punching somebody. Thankfully, it wasn't my ass wiping hand. My typing may be Tim like for a while.

Also, DARVOCET IS AWESOME.

Total bone break count over the years:

Right Leg
Right Foot
Right Arm
Left Hand
Various Ribs

:homestar: :lol:

Looks like someone is going for an achievement.

Martinus

I never had anything broken. My worst injuries were: cutting the skin on my head (bad head-to-wall accident) - have a nasty scar up there which is somewhat visible beneath my hair if someone knows where to look; and putting my thumb into car door - my thumb nail had to be removed and a new one regrew but no bones got crushed.

The Brain

:rolleyes: Mart broke a nail = TEH END OF TEH WROLD
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martim Silva

Quote from: Ed Anger
Total bone break count over the years:

Right Leg
Right Foot
Right Arm
Left Hand
Various Ribs

Your bones are weak. You must be one of those civilized 'modern' humans.

Do you have an appendix, or wisdom teeth?

I had many blows during my life (heavyweights falling on neck, fell from a tall tree headfirst into a brick wall, many hits during training, strong blows with blunt instruments to the head, etc), but I never broke any bones - and they should have broken, according to the doctors. Never been knocked out, either.

It seems I have the Thick Skull (and other bones) ability.

I do have permanent cracks that could be used to identify my bones, though. While I remain alive, you can only notice them if you run your fingers closey by my skin, though.

Caliga

I have never broken a bone.  When I was a kid, all I drank for lunch and dinner was milk (and lots of it).  Coincidence?  Dunno.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on January 31, 2010, 08:35:05 AM
I have never broken a bone.  When I was a kid, all I drank for lunch and dinner was milk (and lots of it).  Coincidence?  Dunno.

No joke.  Well into adulthood, I'd down 2 or 3 gallons of milk a week.  Stopped doing that only a couple years ago, mainly because even skim milk has too much fat content.

Ed Anger

Ewww, skim milk.

I don't know how much 2% and whole milk we go through a week. Usually get 3-5 half gallon jugs at a time and I'm always seeming to have to go out and get more.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 31, 2010, 11:25:45 AM
Ewww, skim milk.

I don't know how much 2% and whole milk we go through a week. Usually get 3-5 half gallon jugs at a time and I'm always seeming to have to go out and get more.

Considering the Dr. Mengele camp you've got going with all your twins experiments, that's not surprising.

Viking

Quote from: Valdemar on January 30, 2010, 03:52:23 PM
Maybe you aren't so much a bone breaker as a masochistic self pain inflicter? :D

I mean, bone breakers are supposed to break the OTHER guy's bones, not his own :P

V

I've broken two collar bones (team mates during training) and multiple uncounted ribs (opponents during games).
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2010, 01:36:17 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 31, 2010, 11:25:45 AM
Ewww, skim milk.

Considering the Dr. Mengele camp you've got going with all your twins experiments, that's not surprising.

Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer.

DontSayBanana

Belated, but glad to see the perp got a righteous smacking.

For the masses, my current total is:

1 shattered wrist (misjudged a jump onto a ledge, fell backward, and brought all 150 pounds of my fat 6th/7th-grade ass down on top of it).
1 broken hand (boxer's fracture; friend told me to punch the ground to calm down- didn't stop to think about the fact it was granite.  I can now brag that that punch left gouges in the rock, seriously- I'm not sure how the hell I did that).
Experience bij!