News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is the Poe Toaster: Nevermore

Started by Caliga, January 19, 2010, 10:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Never heard of this.
The bloke is probally dead; he started it 60 years ago and was likely an adult then so he had a good innings.
I bet someone else will take over next year though. Maybe even a few people will try to.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Given the contents of some of the notes from years past, it seems the original Poe Toaster retired around 1999 IIRC and Toaster II was one of his sons.  I'm thinking the son wasn't really that into it, did it for a few years in tribute to his father, and then said "fuck it".  The son was kind of a douchebag, too, because he had started to leave notes that had nothing to do with Poe.  For example, one note said something to the effect of "screw the Ravens, I want the Giants to win the Super Bowl", and another note dissed the French (I think that was in 2003 when we were kinda mad at the French for pooh-poohing our Iraq adventure).  So the Poe junkie people thought he sucked and started to do things like try to accost him during the event.  Therefore, it's really not surprising that he seems to have thrown in the towel.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DisturbedPervert

That's kinda sad.  I'm not a Poe fan but being left something like to keep up would be really cool

Lettow77

This does not seem like its a particularly hard problem to fix. How much dedication would it really take from a fan to leave cognac and roses once a year? If it was not up north*, I might do it myself.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 21, 2010, 03:20:19 AM
This does not seem like its a particularly hard problem to fix. How much dedication would it really take from a fan to leave cognac and roses once a year? If it was not up north*, I might do it myself.

*opening the Poe Toaster's latest note* The South shall rise again.  My Poe has failed me.  Mew!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on January 21, 2010, 06:14:19 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on January 21, 2010, 03:20:19 AM

*opening the Poe Toaster's latest note* The South shall rise again.  My Poe has failed me.  Mew!

:lol:

I love the "what if Languishistas wrote the Poe Toaster note" game.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius