UK headbangers campaign to have Heavy Metal recognized as religion

Started by Syt, January 19, 2010, 03:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.gigwise.com/news/54196/Campaign-Launched-To-Get-Heavy-Metal-Recognised-As-A-Religion

QuoteCampaign Launched To Get Heavy Metal Recognised As A Religion

Saxon vocalist Biff Byford is figure-heading a campaign to get heavy metal recognised as a religion in the UK.

Byford has teamed up with Metal Hammer Magazine for a campaign urging British rock fans to adopt heavy metal as their 'religion' ahead of the 2011 census.

At the last census nine years ago, 390,127 people in England & Wales and a further 14,052 in Scotland stated 'Jedi' as their religion thanks to a massive internet campaign.

It was ultimately ranked as the fourth most popular religion in the UK behind Christianity, Islam and Hinduism.

In 2011, it may be heavy metal's turn.

:punk:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Holy shit, Saxon. Haven't heard that band name in a long time.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Lol...

Well, on the plus side, I guess we could then have band theme codes printed on military night vision sights.    :P

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on January 19, 2010, 03:26:06 PM
Will the messiah be: Eddie the Head.

There is only one Metal and Tony Iommi is his Prophet. PBUH.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

Quote from: KRonn on January 19, 2010, 03:31:40 PM
Lol...

Well, on the plus side, I guess we could then have band theme codes printed on military night vision sights.    :P

Slayer would work well with that. :yes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Heavy Metal:

Das neue Opium des Volkes!

Sure beats islam :D