And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacobL

QuoteSome Chargers partied on Friday night
Posted by Mike Florio on January 20, 2010 10:40 PM ET
As the Chargers prepared to play a division-round playoff against a highly-motivated opponent last Sunday, they spent some of the time they arguably should have been resting up for the game by partying.

In a Mailbag feature for the San Diego Union-Tribune, Kevin Acee acknowledges that "some players were out" from "Friday night into Saturday morning."

He agreed that it is "disappointing," but Acee pointed out that it happened 36 hours before kickoff.

"They're young, single men," Acee explained.  "Would you love everyone to be Philip Rivers?  Absolutely.  They're not."

It probably wouldn't have made a difference if they'd stayed in.  But the fact that they saw fit to go out two nights before the biggest game of the season speaks to a mindset that makes the loss more understandable in hindsight.

hmmmm

Admiral Yi

1/24 3:00 ET At Indianapolis -8.5 NY Jets
1/24 6:40 ET At New Orleans -3.5 Minnesota

Out of my ass I said Indy by 9. :worthy:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

It will be what it will be, but I want to see Manning versus Favre for the whole enchilada.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 24, 2010, 01:30:55 PM
It will be what it will be, but I want to see Manning versus Favre for the whole enchilada.
You mean Manning vs. Brees.  All fucking Favreheads must fucking hang.

I think the Jets have a decent chance.  They're a lot like the Ravens, and so should be able to slow the Colts, but their wideouts are more dynamic, which will help their young QB out.  The key will be the play of the most dynamic playmaker on either defence of the ball:  Jim Leonhard.  As he goes, so go the fortunes of the Jets.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

ulmont

Quote from: Neil on January 24, 2010, 01:34:15 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 24, 2010, 01:30:55 PM
You mean Manning vs. Brees.  All fucking Favreheads must fucking hang.

:yes: :contract:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on January 24, 2010, 01:34:15 PMI think the Jets have a decent chance.  They're a lot like the Ravens, and so should be able to slow the Colts, but their wideouts are more dynamic, which will help their young QB out.  The key will be the play of the most dynamic playmaker on either defence of the ball:  Jim Leonhard.  As he goes, so go the fortunes of the Jets.

Not happening.  Sorry.

Syt

I caught a bit of Austrian station Puls4's pregame coverage. Nothing more jarring than having American sports discussed in German with heavy Austrian accents. I think I'll rather watch this on ESPN.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on January 24, 2010, 02:51:40 PM
I caught a bit of Austrian station Puls4's pregame coverage. Nothing more jarring than having American sports discussed in German with heavy Austrian accents. I think I'll rather watch this on ESPN.
I got a kick out of watching Expos in French when I was in Quebec.

Ed Anger

I'm wearing my blue Dallas Clark jersey.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

If the Jets had Nuge, they would have 3 points there.

NUUUUUUGE.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 24, 2010, 03:01:46 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 24, 2010, 02:51:40 PM
I got a kick out of watching Expos in French when I was in Quebec.

Well, that sounds more bearable.

I just switched back to the Austrian station for comparison ... they seem to have lost the live feed and instead answer viewer questions. "Why the black under the eyes?"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Vince

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 24, 2010, 03:19:03 PM

NUUUUUUGE.

No he'd still miss and it'd be followed up by me posting:

DAMMIT NUGE!!!!!

:bash:
:frusty:
:bleeding:
:thumbsdown:
:ultra:

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 24, 2010, 03:19:03 PM

NUUUUUUGE.
Wasn't Nugent the least accurate kicker in NFL history?

A team would be better off bringing back Flutie to drop-kick their field goals than relying on that loser.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vince

Holy Screaming Shit Sheep Braylon Edwards caught a damn TD for once!    :cool: