News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Yeah, Italian manpower combined with cores on half of Switzerland seems to be pretty damn high, actually.  I'm rather surprised...My manpower won't equal yours until I found Spain and get the cultural acceptance bonuses, unfortunately.  Or until I get a lot more colonies.  :mad:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on January 18, 2010, 12:49:17 PM
Yeah, Italian manpower combined with cores on half of Switzerland seems to be pretty damn high, actually.  I'm rather surprised...My manpower won't equal yours until I found Spain and get the cultural acceptance bonuses, unfortunately.  Or until I get a lot more colonies.  :mad:

I i just need to do something about Papal States and i can create Italy  :shifty:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Well, you need the core on Rome before you can create Italy, much like my own need for cores on Aragon, but, yeah, once you have Rome you're well on your way.

On another note, I took some screen-caps of the national comparison stuff and thought I'd share the comparative economies, armies and navies of the largest powers.  Muscovy dropped off the list of the last two, but I'm sure they'll get up there sooner or later.   :P

The relative economy of all involved.  Despite how rich Italy is, Milan is...quite poor at the moment.  I think they're having a little trouble digesting their new territory.  Meanwhile, predictably, Austria remains at the top of the heap thanks to Gemeiner Pfennig.  Might I suggest the rest of you start pulling your lands out of the HRE?

Here we have the relative manpower of all involved, with the exception of Muscovy who aren't worthy of note to the might of the Spanish crown.  The small might of the Spanish crown, you'll notice, as our army is quite anemic in comparison to the rest of Europe--even the upstart Milan!  Spain much prefers trade to war.

And, lastly, the navies, though really only two powers are even worth noting here--Spain and England.  The wooden wall of England's stands the strongest of all while the Spanish fleet is prepared to defend her newfound territories across the sea as well as guarding her vital trade interests.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on January 18, 2010, 01:06:40 PM
The relative economy of all involved.  Despite how rich Italy is, Milan is...quite poor at the moment.  I think they're having a little trouble digesting their new territory.  Meanwhile, predictably, Austria remains at the top of the heap thanks to Gemeiner Pfennig.  Might I suggest the rest of you start pulling your lands out of the HRE?

The Pfennig is, of course, a balance to the oodles of income everyone but Austria will be getting from colonies. ;)

katmai

You heard it here first, Austria is letting me colonize!

:P

katmai

I'd also like to note the Turks large army and good economy for the next time he cries his crocodile tears.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on January 18, 2010, 01:11:57 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on January 18, 2010, 01:06:40 PM

The Pfennig is, of course, a balance to the oodles of income everyone but Austria will be getting from colonies. ;)

:rolleyes: Of course, blame the ineptitude of your navy on others.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on January 18, 2010, 01:16:02 PM
I'd also like to note the Turks large army and good economy for the next time he cries his crocodile tears.

Good economy, aye, but not so much a large army.  Slargos really needs to expand along into the Levant to get the manpower he needs to contend with Austria.  As it stands right now, if the Turks go one-on-one with the Emperor, they will get their shit packed in quite nicely.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

I am happy to see France's almost-parity with the Emperor in terms of standing armies and manpower, and would urge the Emperor to note this fact, before he starts coming down on France like an angry woman every time France dares to defend herself against an agressor German state.

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on January 18, 2010, 01:22:51 PM
I am happy to see France's almost-parity with the Emperor in terms of standing armies and manpower, and would urge the Emperor to note this fact, before he starts coming down on France like an angry woman every time France dares to defend herself against an agressor German state.

When every German state is safely within the Emperor's influence, there will be no more for France to worry about from that direction, and I would urge the King to note this fact.

And of course, said parity makes the constant French whining about how Austria is so overpowered even more hilarious.

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on January 18, 2010, 01:22:51 PM
I am happy to see France's almost-parity with the Emperor in terms of standing armies and manpower,

Very troubling indeed.

Kleves

The strength of both the Emperor and the French King is distressing. The balance of power hangs by a thread. To rectify this, England proposes an alliance between England, our Spanish friends, and our Milanese cousins. Such an alliance would go along way toward keeping Europe in balance. 
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

katmai

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

My only concern of such talk might lead those two into an alliance of their own, and while the Spanish and English can/would dominate the Seas on land those two are preeminent