News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

When the independence of a vital interest of Spain's is threatened, all allies are welcome, even heathens.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

The Irish are not heathens, they are animals.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

It saddens my heart to see the powers of Europe argue over such a petty matter. I think I will just have to vassalize Genoa to protect it, and end this pointless fight.

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on January 14, 2010, 03:18:26 AM
It saddens my heart to see the powers of Europe argue over such a petty matter. I think I will just have to vassalize Genoa to protect it, and end this pointless fight.
:yeahright:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

If the Sultan begins to interfere in Italy then the Emperor just might have to start guaranteeing places like the Mamluks and Persia.

To quote the great English King Richard IV: "Love thy neighbor as thyself. Unless he's Turkish, in which case kill the bastard!"

Slargos

Quote from: Solmyr on January 14, 2010, 05:47:41 AM
If the Sultan begins to interfere in Italy then the Emperor just might have to start guaranteeing places like the Mamluks and Persia.

To quote the great English King Richard IV: "Love thy neighbor as thyself. Unless he's Turkish, in which case kill the bastard!"

The Sultan only guarantees Genuan ownership of Kaffa, which is well within the Ottoman sphere of influence. :goodboy:

Alcibiades

Russia claims it....whenever Russia is formed.   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

So, do we want to start a little earlier this week to get more game in?  Say, 10:30 instead of 11:00 EST?  Is that bad for anyone?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Slargos

As usual, no problem for me but in the end Katmai decides these being the one with the earliest morning (IIRC?)

Habbaku

Silence = consent, then!  Katmai gets a veto, but otherwise everyone should be ready to attend at 10:30--and on both Steam and Hamachi at that time.  :)

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

sbr

Quote from: Habbaku on January 16, 2010, 06:13:36 PM
Silence = consent, then!  Katmai gets a veto, but otherwise everyone should be ready to attend at 10:30--and on both Steam and Hamachi at that time.  :)

Are you still using Steam for chat?  The in-game chat works fine now.