News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass Effect 2

Started by Slargos, January 01, 2010, 04:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on January 25, 2010, 08:50:32 PM
Don't be surprised when Bioware doesn't release future games on PC.  There are actually 50% more pirated copies of Dragon Age on the PC than there are paid for copies, and the PC market isn't big enough to justify the trouble.

Eh Consoles are becoming more and more like PCs anyway...they certainly are now just as expensive if not more so.  Soon they will basically be the same thing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Queequeg

Don't be surprised when Bioware doesn't release future games on PC.  There are actually 50% more pirated copies of Dragon Age on the PC than there are paid for copies, and the PC market isn't big enough to justify the trouble.
:cry:
I HOPE ALL YOU PIRATES ROT IN THE FILTH OF YOUR OWN DECEIT AND SHITTY CONSOLE RPGS! 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on January 25, 2010, 09:42:44 PM

Eh Consoles are becoming more and more like PCs anyway...they certainly are now just as expensive if not more so.  Soon they will basically be the same thing.

How on Earth can you compare the price of a gaming console to the price of a gaming pc? This is foolish.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DisturbedPervert

I imagine on the 360 the ratio of paid for copies of games with pirated, rented, and used is even worse than the PC

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Jaron on January 25, 2010, 09:53:00 PM

How on Earth can you compare the price of a gaming console to the price of a gaming pc? This is foolish.

Why not?  Everyone has to have a PC anyway.  The cost of upgrading it to play games for most people is just a better video card.

Neil

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 25, 2010, 09:55:01 PM
I imagine on the 360 the ratio of paid for copies of games with pirated, rented, and used is even worse than the PC
Over the long term, sure.  The pawnshops like GameStop and whatnot take their cut.  But over the short and medium terms, consoles deliver a much better return.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on January 25, 2010, 09:53:00 PM

Not when a PS3 costs $500.00.  My gaming PC costs less than that and I can do things besides play games on it.  Like post on Languish.  You are living in the past man.  Computers are dirt cheap now and consoles are simply ridiculously expensive.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on January 25, 2010, 10:05:30 PM
Over the long term, sure.  The pawnshops like GameStop and whatnot take their cut.  But over the short and medium terms, consoles deliver a much better return.

I am sure they will continue to make games on multi-platforms.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on January 25, 2010, 10:05:30 PM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 25, 2010, 09:55:01 PM

I'm pretty sure you are right which is why PC gaming has seen such a sharp decline this last decade.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on January 26, 2010, 12:18:09 AM
I'm pretty sure you are right which is why PC gaming has seen such a sharp decline this last decade.

Yeah that World of Warcraft thing was a complete bomb.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on January 26, 2010, 01:23:46 AM

Thank you, Marty.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on January 26, 2010, 01:29:56 AM

Thank you, Marty.

I am pretty sure there are more PC gamers now than there were 10 years ago.  The console market is just that much bigger.  Back during the supposed hay day of PC gaming if a title sold a few hundred thousand titles it was a smash hit.  Now that woudl be a major failure.

Not sure how calling my Marty changes the simple facts but whatever.

Fate

You also can't easily pirate on consoles. Imagine all the cash you would save on shitty, over-hyped $60.00 games that have ~48 hours of play time.

Like Mass Effect 2!

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on January 26, 2010, 01:35:37 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 26, 2010, 01:29:56 AM

Thank you, Marty.

I am pretty sure there are more PC gamers now than there were 10 years ago.  The console market is just that much bigger.  Back during the supposed hay day of PC gaming if a title sold a few hundred thousand titles it was a smash hit.  Now that woudl be a major failure.

Not sure how calling my Marty changes the simple facts but whatever.

Marty made a similar argument about this.  10 years ago PC games had a much larger part of the market share.  I'm not sure there is more PC gamers now then there was 10 years ago.