News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

MP3 Player - Which to get?

Started by merithyn, December 09, 2009, 08:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following would you purchase?

iPod Nano
Zume
Samsung Q2
Sandisk
Other - explain

Monoriu

Even though I hate Apple I have to say that ipod is ok  :blush:

Brazen

iPod. Idiot-proof, in my experience the only tiny platform to reliably play MP4s and just a lovely all-round experience. Aural sex.

Josquius

Everyone seems to have an ipod these days, barring those very small 500mbish ones I know no one (except myself) with something other than a ipod. As a result a lot of other stuff is made with ipod compatability so...its as good a choice as any. Though the interface sucks.
██████
██████
██████

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on December 10, 2009, 10:17:40 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on December 09, 2009, 11:09:53 PM
The, uh, Zu(m)e.

:facepalm:

Anyway Meri, I would suggest a larger capacity hard drive-based mp3 player; I only have a few audio books on my Zune, and they take up a decent chunk of space.  I would go at least 80gb.  So I would say: Zune (80gb or 120gb) or iPod (120gb or 160gb)

D'oh! I was only half awake when I typed this up. Is it obvious? :unsure:

Anyway, I'm not too worried about space, since my plan is to only carry two or three books on the MP3 player at a time, switching them out from my computer as I finish them. And while I'd love a 120gb iPod, I simply can't afford one right now.

Thanks for the advice, all. I'm no less confused, though I definitely approve of "idiot-proof" from the iPod. I have a real issue with iTunes because it seemed to completely take over my computer when it was on there last (the damn kids downloaded it), so I'll have to think long and hard on whether easy is worth that again.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...