News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So I have bid my farewell of the EUOT.

Started by Pat, December 04, 2009, 11:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habbaku on December 07, 2009, 11:36:17 AM
I humbly await the publishing of Miglia's enemies list.

I'll show you mine if you want.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

It'd be a more entertaining read than all of Miglia's posts thus far.  Knock yourself out.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on December 07, 2009, 11:12:51 AM
Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 09:10:26 AM
So, I was kicking and screaming, and I provided some entertainment.  You did too, by trying to be Sherlock Holmes and instead showing yourself to be Inspector Clouseau.
Ah, no.  All I did was say it a few times (not seriously), and watch the fireworks.  When you emailed Mommy Ank and tried to get him to make me stop picking on you, that was the best bit.
That's your story now, but that's not consistent with how you were acting back then.  Back when Dorsey secretly had an account with the Inner Circle access, he relayed to me how my IPs were looked at, and how you were looking on the Internet for dates of various exams to prove that I wasn't who I claimed I was.  That doesn't look like the actions of someone just out to troll me; I didn't have an Inner Circle account, so I couldn't be trolled by those investigations. 

What happened is that you seriously were trying to prove that I'm Dorsey, and when you realized how foolish you looked, you revised the story.  You tried to spin a rather idiotic attempt at being a dedective into a monumentally successful attempt at troll-baiting someone.  Sorry, I'm not that stupid, and I'm sure neither are the people who still remember the original thread.

Ed Anger

ED'S ENEMIES, PART I (CORPORATIONS AND CITIES)

NCR
TOSHIBA
DAEWOO
SUN ( A retailer that is defunct)
HHGREGG
My caps lock key
The people that shrunk the twinkie
The maker of the Zinger
Graeter's, and the fuck that decides the prices
Orange Julius, and why there isn't one near me
The City of Oakwood
The City of Huber Heights
The village of Yellow Springs
Antioch College
The Police department of Yellow Springs

Later, after my nap: People

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 11:46:31 AM
That's your story now, but that's not consistent with how you were acting back then.  Back when Dorsey secretly had an account with the Inner Circle access, he relayed to me how my IPs were looked at, and how you were looking on the Internet for dates of various exams to prove that I wasn't who I claimed I was.  That doesn't look like the actions of someone just out to troll me; I didn't have an Inner Circle account, so I couldn't be trolled by those investigations. 

What happened is that you seriously were trying to prove that I'm Dorsey, and when you realized how foolish you looked, you revised the story.  You tried to spin a rather idiotic attempt at being a dedective into a monumentally successful attempt at troll-baiting someone.  Sorry, I'm not that stupid, and I'm sure neither are the people who still remember the original thread.

I thought the Guller/Dorsey inquisition took place after Jeb was exposed and Dorsey had left the forum. :unsure: :shifty:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

What's wrong with the Zinger (presuming you mean the KFC one)?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 11:46:31 AM
Quote from: grumbler on December 07, 2009, 11:12:51 AM
Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 09:10:26 AM
So, I was kicking and screaming, and I provided some entertainment.  You did too, by trying to be Sherlock Holmes and instead showing yourself to be Inspector Clouseau.
Ah, no.  All I did was say it a few times (not seriously), and watch the fireworks.  When you emailed Mommy Ank and tried to get him to make me stop picking on you, that was the best bit.

Are you calling grumbler a liar???
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 07, 2009, 11:53:36 AM
I thought the Guller/Dorsey inquisition took place after Jeb was exposed and Dorsey had left the forum. :unsure: :shifty:
Yes, that's true.  However, also Dorsey had a couple of accounts that were banned afterwards from posting, but could still send PMs (which is how we kept in touch for a while).  He also says that he had an IC account for some time after Jeb was banned.  He was a resourceful poster.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 11:56:48 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 07, 2009, 11:53:36 AM
Yes, that's true.  However, also Dorsey had a couple of accounts that were banned afterwards from posting, but could still send PMs (which is how we kept in touch for a while).  He also says that he had an IC account for some time after Jeb was banned.  He was a resourceful poster.

So your accusations that grumbler is a liar are based on second hand information you got from Dorsey?

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on December 07, 2009, 11:54:11 AM
I would be justified to in this instance, since he's clearly stating a fact he knows to be a false.  However, there is no need to rehash the old hostilities.  I'm just letting him know that I know some facts that he probably doesn't think I know (or else he wouldn't be trying to sell me that half-baked BS).

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on December 07, 2009, 11:58:30 AM
So your accusations that grumbler is a liar are based on second hand information you got from Dorsey?
That information was corroborated in the future threads (there were three in total, I think).  I remember grumbler referring to IPs in one of the later threads, which matched what Dorsey relayed to me.  Someone's who's supposedly only trolling wouldn't be looking at IPs, would he? 

And besides, I don't need the information that Dorsey spied from IC to know that grumbler is full of it, I remember him trying every proof he could fling at the wall, and then forgetting about it when it didn't stick.  He's not that good of an actor for it to be an elaborate troll.

Caliga

These latest posts from you only make me think you actually are Dorsey again.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 12:01:46 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 07, 2009, 11:54:11 AM
I would be justified to in this instance, since he's clearly stating a fact he knows to be a false.  However, there is no need to rehash the old hostilities.  I'm just letting him know that I know some facts that he probably doesn't think I know (or else he wouldn't be trying to sell me that half-baked BS).

But these "facts" that you know are not facts at all, are they?

Second hand information from someone who was rather well known for being a bit fast and loose with the facts himself is hardly a reasonable basis to accuse someone of being a liar, is it? Maybe Dorsey was lying to you.

Seems a little bit presumptuous to level such a serious accusation on such tenuous data. Accusing someone of being a liar without good reason is pretty bad, I recall someone once saying...

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2009, 12:04:33 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 07, 2009, 11:58:30 AM
That information was corroborated in the future threads (there were three in total, I think).  I remember grumbler referring to IPs in one of the later threads, which matched what Dorsey relayed to me.

So because some minor detail was corroborated (maybe), you are going to treat everything Dorsey told you as gospel?

And your accusation that grumbler is a liar is based on his supposed claim that he didn't really care - so why would he have mentioned IPs later - and that would clearly show he was NOT lying now, since he apparently has already admitted to it later?

Not that I support any of this of course - accusing grumbler of being a liar based on this stuff (even if it was true - after all grumbler could think it is no big deal, even if there was talk of your IP being tracked by someone) is rather pathetic really. Accusing someone of lying strictly as a debate tactic is poor form.

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on December 07, 2009, 12:04:59 PM
These latest posts from you only make me think you actually are Dorsey again.  :)
What can I say, I really don't like having my honesty questioned for shits and giggles.