News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

1941, pivotal or all around nightmare

Started by Darth Wagtaros, November 30, 2009, 10:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Was Spielberg's 1941 a disaster, as some claimed, or a mildly amusing B movie?

I loved it.
13 (65%)
I hated it.
2 (10%)
I think about Jaron while watching it and touching myself.
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Darth Wagtaros

I haven't seen it in years, but remember it being kinda funny. 
PDH!

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

derspiess

After I saw it for the first time it was one of my favorite movies.  Of course, I was 9 or 10 at the time.  Watched it again & still quite like it-- not sure why it bombed.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Spielberg said he's still ashamed of it, and his worst movie of all time.  I don't know why, other than the atrocious editing of the original to bring it under time, leaving total and noticable gaps in the film.  I think it's still hilarious.

I mean, c'mon.  Embarassed? This is the guy that made Hook and Always, for fuck's sake.

katmai

Pivotal as it was the year my father was born.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HisMajestyBOB

It's one of the greatest movies of all time, if only for the line "It's a tank! Fire the torpedos!!" which I think of every time I play a game involving submarines or tanks.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

katmai

I expect el jefe buttanger to comment with my favorite part of movie.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on December 01, 2009, 12:32:16 AM

Your dad was born in 1979?  How old are you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PRC

Duque de Bragança

I liked it for the revelations about the combined Nippo-German attack on California. :)

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Grey Fox

Quote from: Razgovory on December 01, 2009, 02:29:01 AM
Quote from: katmai on December 01, 2009, 12:32:16 AM

Your dad was born in 1979?  How old are you?

Dude, I know he's not russian but try to remember something that's not related to Russia.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.