Victim in Fatal Car Accident Tragically Not Glenn Beck

Started by Queequeg, November 04, 2009, 12:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Caliga

Your froth-at-the-mouth hatred of Glenn Beck warms my heart.  :)

I find the guy an annoying blowhard personally, but I mean he's no better or worse than say Al Franken was when he had that Air America show.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Viking

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 04, 2009, 07:54:14 AM
Only terrorist sympathizers find this amusing.

Not those who sympathize with Tim McVeigh, David Koresh and the Ruby Ridge crew.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

As someone who dislikes Beck, I found that clip tasteless and lame.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2009, 07:58:35 AM

I find the guy an annoying blowhard personally, but I mean he's no better or worse than say Al Franken was when he had that Air America show.

I don't know, I don't know if Al Franken suggested that people should avoid flu shots because the government might be puting microchips in there to track you.  Glenn Beck is one of those rare people who deserves to die in a fire.  For one thing, He's a Randian (though apparently a half-assed one since he's also an observant mormon).  Also he was a Catholic and spurn mother church for the Mormon heresy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2009, 09:13:49 AM
I don't know, I don't know if Al Franken suggested that people should avoid flu shots because the government might be puting microchips in there to track you.
Beck said that?  :huh:

Also, I couldn't think of anyone else other then Franken to compare Beck to, but I should clarify that I think Al is awesome, or at least he seemed to be so when I met him at a book signing in the mid 90s.

DGuller

I didn't find anything funny about that clip.  Do we need any more reminders that Glenn Beck is not dead?

Scipio

Quote from: DGuller on November 04, 2009, 09:35:54 AM
I didn't find anything funny about that clip.  Do we need any more reminders that Glenn Beck is not dead?
This just in: Generalissimo Glenn Beck is still not dead.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

I didn't find anything funny about that clip.
I imagine Spellus is the kind of guy that watches a Monty Python short and laughs so hard at everything that it makes everyone else in the room uncomfortable.

Scipio

The cover for Glenn Beck's book where he is dressed as an unnamed fascist general is totally appallingly awesome.  It's like an identifier for the closet Nazis of America. 
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

KRonn

Quote from: Razgovory on November 04, 2009, 09:13:49 AM
Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2009, 07:58:35 AM

I don't know, I don't know if Al Franken suggested that people should avoid flu shots because the government might be puting microchips in there to track you.  Glenn Beck is one of those rare people who deserves to die in a fire.  For one thing, He's a Randian (though apparently a half-assed one since he's also an observant mormon).  Also he was a Catholic and spurn mother church for the Mormon heresy.
I'd be surprised if Beck said anything like that, not that I'm going to try and defend him much one way or another. But I watch his show sometimes, depends what he's talking about. He does do some substantive shows - had a bunch of doctors on both sides of the health care issue, and does that kind of thing sometimes. He tends to very vocal but not crazy headed, and tries to back up what he says with info, video, stats and guests.

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

Grey Fox

Before this thread I didn't know who Glenn Beck was.

I wish I could go back to that time.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Queequeg

Quote from: Caliga on November 04, 2009, 09:41:37 AM
I didn't find anything funny about that clip.
I imagine Spellus is the kind of guy that watches a Monty Python short and laughs so hard at everything that it makes everyone else in the room uncomfortable.
:lol:
No, I'm not.  This is not even my favorite, but it gets points for being anti-Glenn Beck.  I'm actually fairly mellow (even quiet) in real life most of the time.  That's probably a big reason I come here. 

You are way off comparing Al Franken to Beck, Caliga.  Beck has no real equivalent in the modern Left, but I'd have to compare him to the Yippies back in the day or something to find something reasonably close.  He's out there.  Far, far out there. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."