Don't go naked in your own home--you might get arrested.

Started by MadImmortalMan, October 21, 2009, 04:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 21, 2009, 05:49:13 PM
America. :D

Will you get over your sex-phobia in this century or will it carry over into the next?

I cannot hear you over the third world countries calling us sex addicts and immoral perverts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on October 22, 2009, 08:40:32 AM

Will you get over your sex-phobia in this century or will it carry over into the next?

I cannot hear you over the third world countries calling us sex addicts and immoral perverts.

To be fair, Poland isn't really a third world country - with their recent advances, I think they are up to second and a half world.

Yes, I know.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

For the record, this story is already being reported throughout Europe (including in Poland) as an example of "LOL STOOPID AMERIKKKANS".

Delirium

Quote from: Viking on October 22, 2009, 08:13:18 AM
This is just unfair. I bought my flat to be able to lay out a game of WiF and walking around naked alone at home when I feel like it.

That's really just a counter argument.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on October 22, 2009, 09:01:19 AM

To be fair, Poland isn't really a third world country - with their recent advances, I think they are up to second and a half world.

Yes, I know.

Well, I'm for one happy to be living in a "second and a half world" country where I wouldn't get arrested for walking naked around my flat. Or a country that's not the world's leader in violent gun crime. I guess to each his own.

KRonn

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 09:28:29 AM
For the record, this story is already being reported throughout Europe (including in Poland) as an example of "LOL STOOPID AMERIKKKANS".
Just goes to show that Euros report too much non-newsworthy items from the US.  ;)

MadBurgerMaker

What the hell kind of kitchen does this dude have that someone just walking across his yard could see his entire naked body?  Was he standing on the damn counter or something?

Edit: Oops...didn't see the post on the second page noting pretty much the same thing.  :blush:

Martinus

Not sure I get the point behind your retort. Are you trying to say that you guys are attempting to walk the middle ground between Western democracies and oppressive islamist theocracies?

If that's the case, then I guess you are on the right track. Otherwise, you make little sense.

garbon

This is why Alanis recommended walking around naked in your living room.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 09:36:29 AM
Not sure I get the point behind your retort. Are you trying to say that you guys are attempting to walk the middle ground between Western democracies and oppressive islamist theocracies?

If that's the case, then I guess you are on the right track. Otherwise, you make little sense.

Everybody is a critic and they all give us shit for our supposed sex issues.  I suspect it more has to do with their own sex issues being projected on us.

If one group is not going out of their way to stereotype 300 million+ people for being puritans another is going out of their way casting us as perverts.  It  is all just standard bullshit anti-Americanism.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 09:31:01 AMOr a country that's not the world's leader in violent gun crime.

I don't think we have any South African posters

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on October 22, 2009, 10:08:53 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 09:36:29 AM

Everybody is a critic and they all give us shit for our supposed sex issues.  I suspect it more has to do with their own sex issues being projected on us.

If one group is not going out of their way to stereotype 300 million+ people for being puritans another is going out of their way casting us as perverts.  It  is all just standard bullshit anti-Americanism.
So tell me, is this bullshit anti-Americanism, or simple projection, that causes you to prosecute a guy for going around naked in his living room?

Don't give me bullshit like this. We are talking about a specific case, one that is retarded and shouldn't even go to a prosecutor's desk, not to mention a court. It happens, though, and it happens in America.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on October 22, 2009, 10:12:46 AM
So tell me, is this bullshit anti-Americanism, or simple projection, that causes you to prosecute a guy for going around naked in his living room?

We are a nation of 300 million with zillions of tiny jurisdictions where stupid things are done many times on a daily basis.  Taking once incident and acting like it is somehow says something about the entire country is ridiculous.

Besides in this very thread there is a freaking Canadian Supreme Court Case about this very subject.  Why don't you give Canadians shit?  Is it because they are: not Americans?  I think so.

QuoteDon't give me bullshit like this. We are talking about a specific case, one that is retarded and shouldn't even go to a prosecutor's desk, not to mention a court. It happens, though, and it happens in America.

Yes we are the only country in the world with silly court cases.

Well it might be true that the decentralized nature of our legal system means we have alot more of them though. 

Malthus

To be fair, in the Canadian case the accusation was different - it was that the guy was wacking off in front of his window deliberately so that others would see him, and was seen by neighbours standing in their own house.

In the words of the Appellate court, he allegedly:

Quote"...intentionally conducted himself in an indecent way, seeking to draw the attention of others".

Naked coffee making as viewed by trespassers isn't quite the same.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius