News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Steam Question

Started by CountDeMoney, October 11, 2009, 04:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

OK, for years I've simply autologged in to Steam.
Now it wants my username and password.
Forgot my password, and my email originally registered to Steam has changed.  Naturally, I can't have my password reset if I can't access a previous email address.

So how the hell do I get ahold of them?

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2009, 04:16:19 PM
OK, for years I've simply autologged in to Steam.
Now it wants my username and password.
Forgot my password, and my email originally registered to Steam has changed.  Naturally, I can't have my password reset if I can't access a previous email address.

So how the hell do I get ahold of them?

fuck if I know. Had a similar experience with steam that ended up with me cursing at steam and giving up in disgust.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Can you call them or contact a human in some fashion?  I'm not sure.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

LOL, can't contact them, since I can't access my email of record.  Can't change the email, either.

CountDeMoney

Meh, created a Service Account, send them "proof of purchase" info from 2006.  Thank God I archive all my email.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2009, 04:40:20 PM
Meh, created a Service Account, send them "proof of purchase" info from 2006.  Thank God I archive all my email.

you= smarter than me.
I've only purchased two things through them, and can't locate email reciepts as I don't recall what email account I gave em lol

Jaron

Were you looking to play some DEFCON?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

DisturbedPervert

No solution for you but Steam has started asking for my user name and password recently too now, and I'm lucky I still remember it.  It's fucking annoying

BVN

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on October 12, 2009, 12:48:38 AM
[...] Steam has started asking for my user name and password recently too now, and I'm lucky I still remember it.  It's fucking annoying
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with that problem. Very annoying!  :mad:

CountDeMoney

Good to know it wasn't just me.

Seen

*Quickly confirms an email address he actually uses*

CountDeMoney

Well, that was faster and less annoying than I thought it would be.

Good job, Steam.

katmai

Side note, my account was recovered and now wondering if anyone still plays Red orchestra and if the two addons are any good?