Started by CountDeMoney, October 08, 2009, 05:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 10, 2009, 10:02:20 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2009, 09:59:52 AM
Played for Utah last year.
Can't get any whiter than that.

Does he juice?

Nah, I don't suspect so, mainly because he's a bit lighter than your average DE coming out of NCAA, but he hasn't gotten a full year in.  Fast as shit, though.   They may convert him to LB if he can't put on the muscle with a full NFL offseason--during which, well, he may juice.

stjaba

Random question:

I saw a promo on ESPN for a documentary about the Baltimore Colts leaving town and it referenced a marching band. I did a little research and found out that the band has returned for the Ravens, which leaves the NFL with 2 teams with bands, Baltimore and Washington. For those teams, does the band just march/play during half time, or do they actually play songs during the game like a college band would? I've never noticed a band in the stands during a Baltimore or Washington game, but it's been a while since I've seen a home game for either of those teams on TV.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 10, 2009, 09:07:11 AM
Are there any white defensive ends in the pros besides Jared Allen?

When ever I see a white dude playing all geeked up like that I suspect he's juicing.  What are the odds?  How ironclad is the league's testing program?

The Texans just drafted one out of Cincy named Connor Barwin.  There's also that guy Jason Babin that Charlie Casserly traded away a bunch of picks for.  I think he plays for the Eagles now.

Jason Babin sucks too much to be all roided up, and Barwin actually just seems like a normal dude.  Not all crazy like Jared Allen.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: stjaba on October 10, 2009, 07:09:21 PM
Random question:

I saw a promo on ESPN for a documentary about the Baltimore Colts leaving town and it referenced a marching band. I did a little research and found out that the band has returned for the Ravens, which leaves the NFL with 2 teams with bands, Baltimore and Washington. For those teams, does the band just march/play during half time, or do they actually play songs during the game like a college band would? I've never noticed a band in the stands during a Baltimore or Washington game, but it's been a while since I've seen a home game for either of those teams on TV.
The Redskins band plays Hail to the Redskins after every TD. 

CountDeMoney

Random question:

The Baltimore Colts Marching Band became the Ravens Marching Band in 1998.  They'll play some ditties, most mostly the fight song or refrains of it.
The Ravens band sits in the endzone seats on the east side of the stadium.  You'll see them in endzone shots and wide shots, they have their own bleachers.

I tried out for them back in high school--wasn't difficult, since they took anybody with marching band experience--but my school schedule wouldn't allow me to participate.  Yes, for those of you who still don't know: I was a band geek.

Even all those years without football, we always had the Baltimore Colts Marching Band.  God Bless John Ziemann.

Barry Levinson's new movie about the band is the one coming on ESPN this week.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 10, 2009, 07:41:04 PM

Only football fight song more annoying than "Rocky Top".

stjaba

I'm pleasently surprised that big business NFL teams would comp enough tickets to provide a band. Or do band members pay their own way or get some sort of discount?

Neil

You know, I really like the Chargers' disco fight song.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on October 10, 2009, 07:57:32 PM

Norv's playbooks date from that era.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 10, 2009, 07:58:13 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 10, 2009, 07:57:32 PM

Norv's playbooks date from that era.
Don't be silly.  The problem isn't the plays, it's the fact that the guy calling them is a total pussy.

Besides, Norv's plays are early 90s vintage.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Hey there's a UFL game on right now (the Florida Tuskers vs. the New York Sentinels heh).  I just got to see Brooks Bollinger overthrow a WR, Michael Pittman get stuffed on a run up the middle, and a walk on safety collapse with a cramp. Good times.

Why in the world are they having these guys play on Saturday night?  Why not like....Wednesday or something?

Ed Anger

I didn't even know the UFL started yet.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Apparently this is the second game.  Huh.  Here's the schedule:

http://www.ufl-football.com/schedule

Oh...Quinn Gray is the QB for New York.

HisMajestyBOB

Random question:

So they really haven't had to do much this season.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2009, 07:50:12 PM

Only football fight song more annoying than "Rocky Top".

:nelson
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."