News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009-2010 Season

Started by Zoupa, September 19, 2009, 10:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Clarke MacArthur > Raffi Torres. :mad:  Also, it was nice seeing Miller get a bigger ovation than Crosby in Pittsburgh. :yeah:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

The Oilers continue to be awful, but the locals are happy that they managed to scalp Calgary in a trade.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

Quote from: C.C.R. on February 28, 2010, 06:40:56 PM
OK, the Olympics were awesome & I've had a ton of fun watching them the past couple of weeks, but I'm ready for the NHL grind to resume...

:cool:

I loved watching Toews. 'Hawks fans are lucky.
humans were created in their own image

Delirium

How does a team manage to constantly look like they're playing shorthanded? I just watched the second half of the Pittsburgh - Rangers game, final shots 55 - 16, third period alone, 19-1, still 4-4 in regulation and Pens only win in OT after a soft Redden penalty. Playoffs will not happen. Torts will get fired, probably should have already.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

PRC

Hey CCR... what did you think of that hit on Seabrook?  He looked crumpled to fuck after it.  Anyways that was a cheap play, glad to see Wieswhatthewhat get the 8 games.

Canucks sign Kesler to a 6 year deal which is awesome! 

Flames are still not going to make the playoffs.  They're playing all right I just think they have a tough schedule while the teams they are fighting with Detroit and Nashville have lighter schedules and are playing just as well as the Flames are. 

As a first or second place team I would be pissed at having to face Detroit in the first round of the playoffs.

C.C.R.

Ovechkin hit on Campbell -- good hit in a bad part of the ice.  I agreed with the Boarding major & game misconduct (the latter not so much as a punishment as much as to keep that game from devolving into a goonfest) but I'm not sure that he deserved a two game suspension for it.

Wisniewski hit on Seabrook -- dirty fucking pool.  Wiz left his feet on the hit & used both hands to smack Seabrook's head into the glass.  The only way that hit would have been dirtier would have been if Wiz had left his feet & cross-checked Seabrook in the head.  I think he & Ducks GM Bob Murray need to STFU for the duration of the (warranted, IMO) eight game suspension.

The Blackhawks have been struggling mightily for the past two months.  There's still time for them to pull their heads out of their asses & Tighten Up, but if they go into the playoffs playing like they are right now then they're going a whole lot of nowhere...

C.C.R.

This just in:

FUCK DETROIT

Film at eleven...

:)

Neil

Quote from: C.C.R. on April 11, 2010, 09:51:49 AM
This just in:

FUCK DETROIT

Film at eleven...

:)
Now the Wings will get annihilated by the small-market no-chance team, as is their habit.  Or does that only work when Detroit is playing a bottom-3 seed?

BTW, what was up with Carolina giving up 3 shorthanded goals on the same power play last night?  Are they that inept or should somebody look into gambling by the Hurricanes team?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Neil on April 11, 2010, 12:37:25 PM
Now the Wings will get annihilated by the small-market no-chance team, as is their habit.  Or does that only work when Detroit is playing a bottom-3 seed?

We'll have to see what the rest of the day brings & see where the standings/playoff matchups end up...

BTW, what was up with Carolina giving up 3 shorthanded goals on the same power play last night?  Are they that inept or should somebody look into gambling by the Hurricanes team?

Good hustle by Boston, Baby.  The Bruins are my Dark Horse Favorite to lose in the Stanley Cup Finals, based solely on the fact that the 2008 & 2009 NHL Winter Classic winners both went on to lose in the Finals.  Or something...

Ed Anger

They are inspired by the fact that my Satan jersey has magic powers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 12, 2010, 12:23:56 PM
Matt Cooke: Pussy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLqpw_uKyds&feature=player_embedded
:lol:

He really jacked him up.  Guy has to have his head examined for fighting a guy named 'Evander'.

Valmy

Hehe that first game was just a hiccup right?

I mean I have been assured the Caps are going to the Finals this year so just checking...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Habs in 6.

I said that before yesterdays victory.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 16, 2010, 10:54:42 AM
Habs in 6.

I said that before yesterdays victory.

:yucky:

Meh this is the Caps best team ever.  I suppose it would be fitting they freaking have the best choke ever just to fit with the club's history.

But they are just down 1-0...Ovechkin can do it!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."