Republican protesters openly admit using racist imagry

Started by Jaron, September 18, 2009, 03:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/17/obama.witchdoctor.teaparty/index.html

Color me...not surprised. They may as well stop beating around the Bush, burn the cross on the White House lawn and break out in a hearty chant of "Come out Nigger! Come outside right now!"
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Posters portraying President Obama as a witch doctor may be racist, organizers of Tea Party protests say, but they reflect anger about where he is leading the country.

The Proof is in the pudding.

Jaron

"Now we have a black president, which means, on its most basic level, that a black man has more power than any single white citizen in this country," Cobb said. "Whether people want to admit it or not, I suspect the Tea Party crowd believes that the currency of whiteness has been devalued."

There's another wrinkle to the witch doctor controversy. Obama was mocked by some critics as the "magical negro" during the campaign because he was perceived to be a solve-all to nation's problems.

Enjoy, Languish. This is the party of Hansmeister and derspiess.

Goodnight. ^_^ Give me something good to read when I wakes up.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on September 18, 2009, 04:02:43 AM
Enjoy, Languish. This is the party of Hansmeister and derspiess.

You mean the two miscegenationists?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Hansmeister

I have to laugh at the sillyness of CNN of picking out a single protest sign out of hundreds of thousands in order to try to smear people who oppose Obamacare as racist.

@ Jaron:  Where does it say anything about this being "Republican protesters"?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 18, 2009, 04:11:39 AM@ Jaron:  Where does it say anything about this being "Republican protesters"?

They're not mentioned in the article, since they're showing up at Presidential appearances with weapons.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 18, 2009, 04:11:39 AM
I have to laugh at the sillyness of CNN of picking out a single protest sign

the one right next to it is just as bad.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Faeelin

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 18, 2009, 04:11:39 AM
I have to laugh at the sillyness of CNN of picking out a single protest sign out of hundreds of thousands in order to try to smear people who oppose Obamacare as racist.

@ Jaron:  Where does it say anything about this being "Republican protesters"?

You're right Hans. These are probably Democrats.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 18, 2009, 10:42:38 AM
Its more the hammer and sickle that has me :bleeding:

The Republican nutters are pulling out the stops by calling the Democrats Communists AND Nazis.  I mean Stalinobamahitler?  That is just first rate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on September 18, 2009, 11:04:38 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 18, 2009, 10:42:38 AM
Its more the hammer and sickle that has me :bleeding:

The Republican nutters are pulling out the stops by calling the Democrats Communists AND Nazis.  I mean Stalinobamahitler?  That is just first rate.

Trotzkobamadolf.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Now is that a black witch doctor, or some other ethnicity?  Because if the ethnicity of the body of the original witch doctor is not black, the poster is not racist by technicality :D

At any rate, I'm still not convinced the intent of the poster is racist, per se.  If the person who did the poster was trying to represent Obama as a sort of witch doctor, what should he have done-- made the witch doctor's body white or European looking?  Put Obama's head on a chiropractor?  :unsure:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 18, 2009, 11:31:54 AM
what should he have done

What people always do in American politics: portray Obama as Hitler.  For the historically savvy they could use Dr. Mengele.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

Now is that a black witch doctor, or some other ethnicity?  Because if the ethnicity of the body of the original witch doctor is not black, the poster is not racist by technicality :D

At any rate, I'm still not convinced the intent of the poster is racist, per se.  If the person who did the poster was trying to represent Obama as a sort of witch doctor, what should he have done-- made the witch doctor's body white or European looking?  Put Obama's head on a chiropractor?  :unsure:

Having reading problems, son?

They ADMITTED its racist:

Posters portraying President Obama as a witch doctor may be racist, organizers of Tea Party protests say, but they reflect anger about where he is leading the country.

derspiess

Quote from: Jaron on September 18, 2009, 12:05:48 PM

Having reading problems, son?

They ADMITTED its racist:

Si, puedo leer, Chancho.  Did it say the organizers were the ones who made the posters?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall