News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Hobbit to go forward

Started by Grallon, September 08, 2009, 10:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

New Line resolves lawsuit with Tolkien Trust and HarperCollins over 'Lord of the Rings' :

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2009/09/new-line-resolves-lawsuit-with-tolkien-trust-and-harpercollins-over-lord-of-rings-.html

Guillermo del Toro is slated to direct these 2 movies.  Is there anyone that has seen his fantastic Pan's Labyrinth, not excited!?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grallon on September 08, 2009, 10:21:59 PM
Guillermo del Toro is slated to direct these 2 movies.  Is there anyone that has seen his fantastic Pan's Labyrinth, not excited!?

I have. I'm not. I'm sure they'll be enjoyable and that I'll forget about them soon afterward, just as I did the film version of LOTR.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 08, 2009, 10:37:51 PM

I have. I'm not. I'm sure they'll be enjoyable and that I'll forget about them soon afterward, just as I did the film version of LOTR.
Just remmeber how great the Return of the King and Lord of the Rings cartoons were.
PDH!

Korea

I want to squeal!! I can't wait to see them! :w00t: :mmm:
I want my mother fucking points!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 08, 2009, 10:41:23 PM
Just remmeber how great the Return of the King and Lord of the Rings cartoons were.

Never seen 'em.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Why is it not directed by Peter Jackson  :cry:

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 08, 2009, 10:37:51 PM

Same here. I think Pan's Labyrinth was entertaining but I've little desire to watch it again...and I even own it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on September 09, 2009, 01:03:49 AM
Same here. I think Pan's Labyrinth was entertaining but I've little desire to watch it again...and I even own it.

I find this is unfortunately true of most movies I own.  I have a rather large library of DVDs of movies I have little desire to watch again until I'm in my 40s and have forgotten them all.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

I mostly started buying only DVDs of movies I believed I could easily watch over and over again.

Then I realized that was really not so true.

Now I am thinking I should harshly narrow down that standard, and start using Netflix.   :P

CountDeMoney

Is there anyone that has seen his fantastic Pan's Labyrinth, not excited!?

Only if a fascist officer begins executing the dwarves for partisan activities.

Caliga

Quote from: Habbaku on September 09, 2009, 01:25:39 AMI find this is unfortunately true of most movies I own.  I have a rather large library of DVDs of movies I have little desire to watch again until I'm in my 40s and have forgotten them all.
Same.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

New Line resolves lawsuit with Tolkien Trust and HarperCollins over 'Lord of the Rings' :

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2009/09/new-line-resolves-lawsuit-with-tolkien-trust-and-harpercollins-over-lord-of-rings-.html

G.

Yes. One who saw both the fantastic Pan's Labyrinth and the slightly less-impressive Hellboy 2: The Golden Army.
Experience bij!

Valmy

Good I like Del Toro and will catch this when it comes out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

saskganesh

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 09, 2009, 01:47:01 AM
I mostly started buying only DVDs of movies I believed I could easily watch over and over again.

Then I realized that was really not so true.

Now I am thinking I should harshly narrow down that standard, and start using Netflix.   :P

a reasonable rule of thumb is that a "good" movie is something you can watch more than two times. the problem of course for many DVD purchasers is that this is not apparent until sometime during the second viewing.
humans were created in their own image