11 (36.7%)
The Duke of Anjou
19 (63.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grallon

Quote from: Neil on September 08, 2009, 10:48:17 PM

The Orleanistes aren't actually legitimate.

More legitimate than the Bonaparte since  they descend form the last ruling dynasty.  Besides it's not for you to decide who is legitimate or not.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on September 09, 2009, 07:10:33 AM
More legitimate than the Bonaparte since  they descend form the last ruling dynasty.
Napoleon III was a Bonaparte.
QuoteBesides it's not for you to decide who is legitimate or not.
Don't be ridiculous.  It is my place to judge all things.  That's what I do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

The French having invented the metric system, the legitimate ruler is a meterstick.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

So who is the legitimate ruler of the Franks?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Agelastus

Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2009, 10:19:11 AM

*Hastily invents ancestry*

ME...
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 08, 2009, 11:45:20 PM
Quote from: Sahib on September 08, 2009, 11:42:04 PM
The Venetians were treasonous scum that turned on their most glorious liege, the Byzanteen Empire

Byzanteens are a modern phenomenon; the Venetians were never under their rule.

Not true.  Being a part of Byzantium is what helped lead to the development of Venice's rather unique form of government.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 09, 2009, 10:32:06 AM
Not true.  Being a part of Byzantium is what helped lead to the development of Venice's rather unique form of government.

True but that has nothing to do with Byzanteens.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

The main Merovingian line having been extinguished, it reverts back to the cadet line descending from Merovech's father.

Which means the current legitimate ruler of the Franks is some kind of aquatic beast.
--Joan Robinson

Gambrinus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 09, 2009, 11:07:26 AM

The main Merovingian line having been extinguished, it reverts back to the cadet line descending from Merovech's father.

Which means the current legitimate ruler of the Franks is some kind of aquatic beast.
:cthulu:

Gambrinus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 08, 2009, 10:44:13 PM
THe Bourbon's fucked up.  Napoleon III was a fine emperor.
Yeah, he never fucked up anything  :D :pickelhaube:
Anyways his only son managed to get himself chopped up while literally going on a picnic in Zulu-infested lands. I don't know if that's a sign of bravery or stupidity, but his bloodline sure went out with a bang.

Caliga

Quote from: Sahib on September 08, 2009, 11:42:04 PM
The Swiss were a bunch of uppity peasants.
:mad: The Swiss destroyed Burgundy.  Quite an achievement for a bunch of uppity peasants.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Gambrinus on September 09, 2009, 11:37:26 AM
Anyways his only son managed to get himself chopped up while literally going on a picnic in Zulu-infested lands. I don't know if that's a sign of bravery or stupidity, but his bloodline sure went out with a bang.
:rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points