News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Scars

Started by HVC, September 03, 2009, 07:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many real (1 inch or greater) scars do you have?

None
6 (15.8%)
1-2
19 (50%)
3-4
6 (15.8%)
>5
6 (15.8%)
I'm a severe burn victim
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

The Larch

One on my left elbow, that I got after falling down from a bike when I was 12. I was staying with my cousins, and my older cousin dared me to go down a flight of stairs thay had on their garden with our bikes. He managed to do it, I crashed hard. I also refused to get it stitched, so the scar is a bit messy looking, instead of a straight line..

Valdemar

3-4 two big ones on the elbows from falling of a friends shoulders as a kid, a few on wrists and forearms from smashing my fist through a window as a youngster.

V

swallow

I used to have a very pretty grid work scar all over my bum, well into my twenties, from burning myself as a little kid when I was drying off after a bath in front of a radiator.

Iormlund

The only big scar I have is the one from surgery. Something like 15 or so cm, starting above the belly button and going down to where the belly ends.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Some types of scars can be cool. Fellow kids used to think the scar over my eye was cool, so I cooked up all kinds of stories about how I got it.

The real reason: tripping when I was a toddler and coming millimeters away from gouging my eye out with an exposed nail from a sofa my parents' landlord refused to get rid of.

...Fifteen minutes later, I got to watch an entire sofa thrown out a third-story window. Guess there was some entertainment to be had from it, after all. :D
Experience bij!

Viking

1, I stepped on a broken beer bottle in Lake Laguna on Stanford Campus.

but I have about 9 half inch scars from removed birth marks after being sun burned repeatedly while young in california.

Edit: I once convinced a girl they were bullet holes.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

I've got a huge one on my leg, just ask Cal. :D
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Viking on September 04, 2009, 09:09:13 AM

aka not really a lake
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

saskganesh

Quote from: Siege on September 04, 2009, 12:10:44 AM
Nicks and bumps don't count.
if you knew what a qualifier was, you would have seen that I used one. you fucking illiterate.
humans were created in their own image

Savonarola

I've got three long scars on my chest for refusing to give Zorro the keys to the prison.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Queequeg

>5.  Reasons are well known.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Josquius

One on my forehead from when I was a kid and had a stiches there and one on my leg which just randomly appeared at some point in my teenage years when I scratched it rather deep and long.
██████
██████
██████

Viking

Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2009, 09:58:14 AM
Quote from: Viking on September 04, 2009, 09:09:13 AM

aka not really a lake

c'mon, it's called lake "lake" and has a boathouse...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point