Languish Football Setup Thread (Front Office Football)

Started by Syt, September 02, 2009, 02:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

In the spirit of the season I bought Front Office Football recently. Still finding my way through the game menues.

Though the rosters/draft files for 61-05 seasons are there I generally prefer playing with fantasy teams/players.

Hence I consider setting up a Languish themed league, much like I did for OOTP Baseball:
http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=538.0 and http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=530.0

The game is set up for two leagues with four divisions each, with four teams each:

NL & AL, each with North, South, East West divisions.

I'm looking for Languish themed team name suggestions. For reference, the LBL teams were:

US East

Rhode Island Timmays

Baltimore Irish

New York Robins

Ohio Angermonkeys

US Central

Arkansas Drunkards

Detroit Poets

Kentucky Legionaires

Phoenix Golden Eagles

US West

San Francisco Grabbers

Portland Baldies

Anchorage Beaners

Oxnard Trolls

Canada

Yukon Barristers

Alberta Administrators

Montreal Foxes

Vancouver Crazies

Asia

Bangkok Perverts

Hong Kong Monos

Jakarta Blades

Seoul Admirals

Europe West

London Braziers

Bristol Possessors

Preston Explorers

Madrid Cornifers

Europe North

Oslo Misanthropes

Copenhagen Hives

Stockholm Nukes

Helsinki Lizards

Europe Central

Vienna Cannibals

Budapest Hackers

Warsaw Lawmen

Venice Padres
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Jacob

Excellent... if you're expanding the league, I'd like a team.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Agelastus

Sounds like fun. :)

The only claim to fame my locality has is

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rushton_Triangular_Lodge

which is about two miles from me in the sunny old Burgh of St. Dee (better known as "two pubs for seven thousand people" Desborough.)

"Desborough Triangulars" is not very catchy though... :cry:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

The images of the Bangkok Perverts, London Braziers, Bristol Possessors and Madrid Cornifers don't show up.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 02, 2009, 07:35:14 PM
Sweet.

Who won the baseball championship?

London.

I think I'd like to replace London, Bristol, Copenhagen, and would like to take suggestions. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

Quote from: Liep on September 03, 2009, 02:30:41 AM
Alternatively, something wearing this head garment. :P

I just saw that scene yesterday and the conversations were like Languish threads. :D

Viking

Quote from: Agelastus on September 02, 2009, 07:33:19 PM(better known as "two pubs for seven thousand people" Desborough.)

Roma Queensland has 28 licensed establishments for 8 thousand people. That's one per 285 people.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.