News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Marvel on ice? Marvel-Disney?

Started by viper37, September 01, 2009, 03:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your opinion on the proposed merger of Marvel&Disney?

I am positive about the future
9 (33.3%)
My childhood is raped, once more
6 (22.2%)
Is Thor really a Christian?
5 (18.5%)
I don't care / I have no opinion
7 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 27

garbon

Quote from: Siege on September 01, 2009, 06:50:39 PM
I think is great.
Hannah Montana would look awesome in an spiderman movie.

Don't count on it.  Seeing as how she is happily building up her slut image, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney boots her soon.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

I think is great.
Also, I hope she and Alex Russo join the Avengers.
Why are you so gay?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2009, 07:00:40 PM
Why are you so gay?

I'd be less worried if he was. That's some fucked-up obsession with the teenage girls of Disney he's got going there. Downright grallonesque. :ph34r:
Experience bij!

Neil

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 01, 2009, 06:41:43 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2009, 06:30:41 PM
None of the above.  It's not so much that my childhood is raped, it's just that Marvel's rich history is going to take a beating, even worse than it has been in recent years.

:yes: We call it canon, and they call it being written into a corner. They call it taking a new direction, and we call it a filthy reboot.
Except these days, reboots aren't about taking anything in a new direction.  They're about selling comics about Dark Phoenix, Alien Symbiote Costume or Fatal Attractions all over again.  A reboot isn't about originality, but rather the lack thereof.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2009, 07:08:56 PM
Except these days, reboots aren't about taking anything in a new direction.  They're about selling comics about Dark Phoenix, Alien Symbiote Costume or Fatal Attractions all over again.  A reboot isn't about originality, but rather the lack thereof.
I was only talking about what we're calling it, with no preference for which I saw as true (sucky reboots, BTW); if I hear about another damned Jean Grey arc, though, I'm going to start burning effigies of Quesada. :angry:
Experience bij!

Neil

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 01, 2009, 07:02:05 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2009, 07:00:40 PM
Why are you so gay?

I'd be less worried if he was. That's some fucked-up obsession with the teenage girls of Disney he's got going there. Downright grallonesque. :ph34r:
He must be.  We're talking comics and other man stuff, and he's talking about a TV show for little girls.  That's exactly the way homos behave.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2009, 07:14:26 PM
He must be.  We're talking comics and other man stuff, and he's talking about a TV show for little girls.  That's exactly the way homos behave.

Meh. That must be why he's reminding me so much of G. lately. <_<
Experience bij!

Neil

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 01, 2009, 07:12:59 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2009, 07:08:56 PM
I was only talking about what we're calling it, with no preference for which I saw as true (sucky reboots, BTW); if I hear about another damned Jean Grey arc, though, I'm going to start burning effigies of Quesada. :angry:
I always liked Jean Grey.  The original X-Factor team was awesome.  They need to either bring her back for good or kill her for good.  Preferably bring her back, and then use editorial authority to prevent anyone from killing her again.  That way, the cycle can be broken.

Eddie Teach

I think is great.
Also, I hope she and Alex Russo join the Avengers.

Sure. Instead of the red suit, Spidey can just put a wig on and voila! nobody recognizes him.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2009, 07:17:40 PM
I always liked Jean Grey.  The original X-Factor team was awesome.  They need to either bring her back for good or kill her for good.  Preferably bring her back, and then use editorial authority to prevent anyone from killing her again.  That way, the cycle can be broken.

I liked her, but the character has been done to death... seven times, in fact (eight?). I'm all for the cycle being broken, but I'm kinda hoping there's already editorial authority in place to keep anyone from touching her and making the characterization more of a train-wreck than it already is.
Experience bij!

Neil

BTW:  I just read Ultimatum, and I have to say it's the stupidest thing ever.  Jeph Loeb should be doubly executed:  Once for his stupid name, and again for the worst example of attempting to be shocking I've ever seen.  I mean, the Ultimate Universe wasn't perfect, but did it really deserve to be raped and murdered?

Neil

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 01, 2009, 07:22:12 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2009, 07:17:40 PM

I liked her, but the character has been done to death... seven times, in fact (eight?). I'm all for the cycle being broken, but I'm kinda hoping there's already editorial authority in place to keep anyone from touching her and making the characterization more of a train-wreck than it already is.
I have my doubts.  She's one of the original X-men, and is thus marquee.  There's no way they'll keep her on the shelf.  That'd be like DC not bringing back Bruce Wayne and letting Dick Grayson be Batman forevermore.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2009, 07:25:19 PM
I have my doubts.  She's one of the original X-men, and is thus marquee.  There's no way they'll keep her on the shelf.  That'd be like DC not bringing back Bruce Wayne and letting Dick Grayson be Batman forevermore.

Bad comparison. I'm convinced that they will bring back Wayne, but in an alternate title running concurrently. My guess is that they picked Grayson to take on the mantle because he's about the only mainstream DC character with both enough longevity to stay in the role and flexibility to keep from mucking things up in his own titles.
Experience bij!

Neil

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 01, 2009, 07:29:07 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2009, 07:25:19 PM

Bad comparison. I'm convinced that they will bring back Wayne, but in an alternate title running concurrently. My guess is that they picked Grayson to take on the mantle because he's about the only mainstream DC character with both enough longevity to stay in the role and flexibility to keep from mucking things up in his own titles.
While they might do that in the short term, there is absolutely no chance that Bruce Wayne won't take over the Batman mantle down the road, just as there is no chance that the new, annoying Robin won't fall into a vat of acid or something.

Jacob

Quote from: Strix on September 01, 2009, 06:09:41 PM
I wonder how bad this will screw over Universal Theme Parks?!  :lmfao:

Probably not very.  Most major companies who've invested money in Marvel IP will have contracts that protect their interests for a number of years out.