Friends, foes mark WWII’s beginning in Poland

Started by KRonn, September 01, 2009, 09:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

A somber remembrance.

Putin and Merkel will be there. US is sending National Security Adviser James Jones? That choice seems a bit odd. I do wish the US saw fit to send at least a different position, perhaps a high level State dept, preferably Sec State Hillary Clinton or her deputy, or the VP Biden.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32637688/ns/world_news-europe/

Friends, foes mark WWII's beginning in Poland
Leaders of Germany, Russia join tributes to millions killed in 6-year conflict

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on September 01, 2009, 09:42:04 AM
A somber remembrance.

Putin and Merkel will be there. US is sending National Security Adviser James Jones? That choice seems a bit odd. I do wish the US saw fit to send at least a different position, perhaps a high level State dept, preferably Sec State Hillary Clinton or her deputy, or the VP Biden.

Right isn't it Biden's job to attend crap like this?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Hopefully Merkel rumbled across the border in a restored Pzkw II & Putin in a BT-7 :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 01, 2009, 09:44:07 AM
Hopefully Merkel rumbled across the border in a restored Pzkw II & Putin in a BT-7 :)

*joke about the Poles charging tanks with cavalry*

*savage beat down by fanatical internet legion of nationalist Poles follows*
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Jaron

Quote from: derspiess on September 01, 2009, 09:44:07 AM

Your side lost WWII. :nelson:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2009, 09:43:44 AM
Right isn't it Biden's job to attend crap like this?

Maybe he's got real work to do, like Cheney did.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 01, 2009, 10:08:22 AM

I elected him to go abroad and make humorous gaffes, not do work. :(

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2009, 10:30:48 AM

Same here.  In fact, if I knew he'd do work, I would've voted for someone else.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

I'll pop the champagne today and celebrate the dismemberment of Poland and Hans Frank's administration.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 01, 2009, 12:02:26 PM
I'll pop the champagne today and celebrate the dismemberment of Poland and Hans Frank's administration.

You, sir, are worse than Satan dressed up like Hitler.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2009, 12:07:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 01, 2009, 12:02:26 PM

You, sir, are worse than Satan dressed up like Hitler.

I'm a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

It had to happen. On one of the news reports I watched, the announcer told of this date in history. And at one point, of course, he had to bring up how the Poles attacked tanks with cavalry.   <_<

Sheilbh

Quote from: DGuller on September 01, 2009, 10:32:14 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2009, 10:30:48 AM

Same here.  In fact, if I knew he'd do work, I would've voted for someone else.
I've often thought that Biden offers an incredible benefit as VP.  When he says something about foreign policy I imagine the Embassies and Chancelleries of the world go into overdrive trying to work out whether it's the administration floating something, a Freudian slip representing real policy or just Biden being Biden.  It must be useful to have someone like that around.
Let's bomb Russia!