News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crazy Lies

Started by jimmy olsen, August 29, 2009, 01:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

What's the most wacked out lie you've ever told that's been believed for a significant amount of time and went on to have serious consequences?

Inspired by this question to a Dear Abby type writer at Slate.

Dear Prudence,
I have done something so vile that I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror. I have a younger sister who is stunningly beautiful, while I'm rather plain by comparison. Growing up, my boyfriends all lost interest in me once they set eyes on her. When I was dating the man who is now my husband, I was afraid that the same thing would happen. As a preventative measure, before he even met her, I told him that she slept around a lot and as a consequence had contracted HIV. Needless to say, he never showed any interest in her. Several years and two kids later, my husband is always asking about her health. She's even asked me why my husband always seems so concerned about how she's doing. He's the sensitive type, and I know that he worries about her. I want to come clean, but how can I explain such a horrible lie?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Faeelin

:lmfao:

Oh, probably helping my father in his elaborate web of lies to my mother to keep her from finding out about the former fiance who rents out a house from him.

Admiral Yi

It's not true that all Languish posters are Mi. -_-

BuddhaRhubarb

my lies have been pretty obvious I'd say, and small potatoes(sic)
:p

Ed Anger

I invented the question mark.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

I deliver a pretty decent lie every now and then, but it turns out no one believes I'm the prince of darkness.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

I do have a tendancy to lie when drunk, its fun.
Once I had a lie going for a whole year with one group of people that I was a Dutch person called Tyr Van Diemen. I just met them randomly as freshers at the beginning of the year and...ended up going out with them more during the year.
I just lost touch with them normally, never admitted the truth.
██████
██████
██████

Mr.Penguin

Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Grey Fox

I don't lie much, I'm way to lazy for that.

My dad on the other hand lies all the freaking time. I am known for putting him in a lot of trouble because I keep outing his lies with his GF. I told him to run them by me first, might be easier that way.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Occasionally people think that I am being serious when I am joking. I often don't bother correcting them.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

I once told someone I'm a lawyer and had to kinda run with it ever since. :ph34r: