News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PETA's Fish Empathy Center

Started by Savonarola, August 19, 2009, 09:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on August 19, 2009, 11:33:06 AM
Man, I have a hard enough time empathizing with people.  I'm not going to try with a fucking fish.

The fish deserve it more.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 19, 2009, 04:45:35 PMWow, whoever thought that campaign up is pretty twisted.

Why is that? It makes perfect sense: anthropomorph a species into one that is more identifiable with human companionship.  I think it's a great idea.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2009, 05:42:34 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 19, 2009, 04:45:35 PMWow, whoever thought that campaign up is pretty twisted.

Why is that? It makes perfect sense: anthropomorph a species into one that is more identifiable with human companionship.  I think it's a great idea.
Except Asians will eat anything, and Spaniards don't have consciences.  Thus, fish will continue to be slaughtered.

Once again, PETA fails to understand their audience and how the world works.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Neil on August 19, 2009, 06:31:07 PM
Except Asians will eat anything, and Spaniards don't have consciences.  Thus, fish will continue to be slaughtered.

And anthropomorphization makes fish more palatable to Syt. :contract:
Experience bij!

Neil

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 19, 2009, 06:36:04 PM

Actually, Germans are exactly the sort of people that this would work on, due to their moral cowardice.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Besides, Syt just uses the cannibalism fetish talk as a preemptive defense to being accused of a scat fetish.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 19, 2009, 07:19:15 PM
Besides, Syt just uses the cannibalism fetish talk as a preemptive defense to being accused of a scat fetish.

True. I guess I'd rather be associated with eating people than willingly being shat upon, as well...
Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 19, 2009, 06:36:04 PM

Their feces at least.
PDH!

merithyn

So does this mean that eating caviar is right out? :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: merithyn on August 20, 2009, 07:12:42 AM
So does this mean that eating caviar is right out? :unsure:
PETA response would be that its like eating your own ovaries.
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2009, 05:39:43 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 19, 2009, 11:33:06 AM
Man, I have a hard enough time empathizing with people.  I'm not going to try with a fucking fish.

The fish deserve it more.

What have you got against fish?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017