And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

4.17?  Wow that is more than Austin.

Texas = less violent than Canada.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on May 08, 2013, 01:55:08 PM
Judge rules it was an illegal search, tosses the evidence.
I'm sure one day we'll hang the judge high.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2013, 03:06:11 PM

Yeah, I've tried to explain that my county has like one homicide a decade on here but since everyone has already concluded Kentucky is the worst place on earth, it just falls on deaf ears. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 08, 2013, 03:05:36 PM
Indians and booze just do not mix.
That was the year that the Somalis were all killing each other over drugs.  It was a lot of fun, as pretty much everyone who gets murdered here is a bad person.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on May 08, 2013, 03:10:11 PM

Yeah, I've tried to explain that my county has like one homicide a decade on here but since everyone has already concluded Kentucky is the worst place on earth, it just falls on deaf ears. :)

We will never, ever let actual facts get in the way of busting your ass for living in Kentucky.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

To be fair, Baltimore had 35 per 100,000.   :ph34r:

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Yes, but they were all bad.

garbon

Has anyone said that they concluded Kentcuky is the worst place on earth because of its murder rate?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

About 20 per 100,000 here in Cincy in 2010.  From wiki:

QuoteIn 2011, using FBI data, the CQ Press ranked Cincinnati the 16th most dangerous city in the United States.  However, the FBI web site recommends against using its data for rankings, since there are many factors that influence crime rates. Also, the CQ Press did not include Chicago, Illinois in its ranking.

According to the Hamilton County Prosecutor, the vast majority of people being murdered are inside the city and African American. In 2009, 44 black men and 11 black women were murdered, but no whites. According to the Prosecutor, people almost always commit murders inside their racial classifications, and there is a subset in the underclass of Cincinnati which "commit a lot of violent crime and tend to be black."

My burb is pretty quiet, crime-wise: http://www.homefacts.com/crime/Ohio/Hamilton-County/Anderson-Township.html
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

The main reason Kentucky sucks is because it wishes it had joined the Confederacy.  I mean what is wrong with you people?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

The Greater Toronto Area's homicide rate was 1.4 per 100,000 in 2011.

The "homicide capital of Canada" was allegedly Thunder Bay, at 4.2.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2012/01/01/homicides_plunge_in_toronto_to_lowest_level_in_25_years.html
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2013, 03:46:10 PM
The main reason Kentucky sucks is because it wishes it had joined the Confederacy.
:hmm:

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on May 08, 2013, 04:08:56 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2013, 03:46:10 PM
The main reason Kentucky sucks is because it wishes it had joined the Confederacy.
:hmm:

It had conflicted feelings.  The good parts wanted to stay Union.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Bowling Green doesn't seem too bad to me.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 08, 2013, 04:15:25 PM
Bowling Green doesn't seem too bad to me.

:x

Bastions of Lost-Cause Lettowism can not be anything but.