News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's your escape plan?

Started by Josquius, June 28, 2024, 04:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Yes.

However, I do not know many (i.e., zero) people who moved because of "an annoying or stupid policy". Tax havens are a known problem.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Josquius

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on June 28, 2024, 11:24:39 AMUnfortunately, I don't think any country accepts trans people for refugee status.

I'm not sure that's true. I'm pretty sure I've heard of some in the UK.
Though this is of course people from absolute shit holes rather than first world countries that went insane.
I'd imagine if things did get very dark In a country then that would open up though.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2024, 12:26:25 PM
Quote from: PDH on June 28, 2024, 12:01:46 PMThankfully I escaped to a foreign land years ago.  California might be crazy, dysfunctional, weird, and full of people, but it will be the last bastion to fall.

Yeah the extent of my escape would be to Maryland or something.

But they will have to drive me out pretty aggressively.

If Baltimore is your plan B then Texas must be worse off than I imagined :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on June 28, 2024, 11:24:39 AMUnfortunately, I don't think any country accepts trans people for refugee status.

I'm sorry, I should know this...but where are you?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2024, 03:40:28 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 28, 2024, 12:26:25 PM
Quote from: PDH on June 28, 2024, 12:01:46 PMThankfully I escaped to a foreign land years ago.  California might be crazy, dysfunctional, weird, and full of people, but it will be the last bastion to fall.

Yeah the extent of my escape would be to Maryland or something.

But they will have to drive me out pretty aggressively.

If Baltimore is your plan B then Texas must be worse off than I imagined :D

Crab cakes will make the urban decay worth it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Josephus on June 28, 2024, 03:49:45 PM

I'm sorry, I should know this...but where are you?
I'm in the US. The same US that has trans people as their top boogeyman tied with illegal immigrants. The same US that has one political party actively trying, and often succeeding, in passing laws restricting and banning people like me from existing.

If federal laws are passed that refuse to allow me access to estrogen, I'm as good as dead already as I no longer produce reproductive hormones of my own. I once had to go without for a month due to needle shortages during the pandemic and that was before the changeover. It nearly killed me then. I can't imagine what it would do to me now.  :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

chipwich

Bootlicking and turning in dissenters.

The Brain

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 28, 2024, 06:18:07 AMThe Hawk Tuah girl will save us

:yes: She will bring balance to that thing.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Savonarola

If I were to immigrate somewhere, I'd go to Canada since I have a job in Toronto.  I have no plans to immigrate, and, in fact, have been trying to avoid doing that for the last two years.   ;)

If it were a flee the country type scenario, it would be quickest for me to head to Fort Pierce, charter a boat and head to the Bahamas.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Duque de Bragança

The Bahamas?
Would you go buccaneer?  :pirate

OttoVonBismarck

The idea any of you would need an escape plan is fake and dumb.

HVC

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on June 30, 2024, 03:21:33 PMThe idea any of you would need an escape plan is fake and dumb.

What if the Hamas controlled dems take over? :ph34r:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on June 30, 2024, 03:21:33 PMThe idea any of you would need an escape plan is fake and dumb.

Yeah? Well what happens if I wait too long and Baltimore closes its borders?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 28, 2024, 12:55:02 PMYes.

However, I do not know many (i.e., zero) people who moved because of "an annoying or stupid policy". Tax havens are a known problem.

We do know that relocation services have been doing a booming business in France catering to business elites looking for a bolthole if the Melenchon bloc gets into government.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Not all of us believe that the empower American Nazis to save Israel plan will work as smoothly as you do.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson