News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Jacob on August 21, 2024, 02:12:43 PMYeah that's not really grabbing me.

I think another reason people often didn't finish civ games is they know they won before they hit the formal victory conditions.

I'm not seeing anything they've revealed that'd address that - and I'm not sure "fixing" that will necessarily make the game better either.
:hmm: But have you considered that the 2024 US Presidential Elections are... BACKED UP WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONS?!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Tamas

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on August 21, 2024, 02:12:43 PMYeah that's not really grabbing me.

I think another reason people often didn't finish civ games is they know they won before they hit the formal victory conditions.

I'm not seeing anything they've revealed that'd address that - and I'm not sure "fixing" that will necessarily make the game better either.

That was the knock against the Dems in the first Trump Victory, they stopped playing the game too soon because they didn't think Trump was going to win.

But I think the current build is a lot better and is more likely to be played right up to the final victory screen.

PJL

I'm hoping the latest build has a better more accurate scoring system too, as that was definitely making the Democrats think they had it in the bag back then.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Obama made a dick joke :lol: politics is weird.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on August 21, 2024, 03:27:01 PM

:hmm: But have you considered that the 2024 US Presidential Elections are... BACKED UP WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONS?!

BUILD MORE WALLS!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sophie Scholl

*looks at DNC schedule*

I don't mean to be takin' away from science and taxes majesty, but when the people are blue, the entertainment... must be true.  :elvis:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

I mean we need millions of people to watch this convention and come away wanting to show up and vote for Harris/Walz. Got to listen Civ 2 Elvis to help make that happen.

And really you should always listen to Civ 2 Elvis.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Why didn't other Civs have the advisors?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2024, 09:35:39 PMSo a PBS anchor said that Donnie is calling Netanyahu encouraging him to extend the conflict in order to help him win the election. But the protestors still think the Democrats are the ones they should be protesting  :wacko:
She has apologized for that statement. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pbs-judy-woodruff-apologizes-for-an-on-air-remark-about-peace-talks-in-israel/ar-AA1pdjD7?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=79ec7fce6ffd49f7ef60cade7da1ff01&ei=43
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Oh really? Come on PBS, we don't need bullshit from you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 21, 2024, 08:59:26 PMWhy didn't other Civs have the advisors?

I don't know. I didn't play Civ 3 because I missed them too much.

I never really got back into Civ since...sad but true. I just really loved everything about Civ 2.

crazy canuck

A heart warming anecdote for you.  Mrs. CC and I just visited a 91 year old mother of a friend of ours.  She is very witty and I would normally describe her as a strait laced small c conservative.

But she was positively giddy describing her delight with Michelle Obama's speech, and her efforts to call her children and grandchildren living in the US to make sure they voted for Harris.

Jacob

:D re: my mispost. That's what I get for posting on my phone when jetlagged...