India Arie shares videos of Joe Rogan using N-word

Started by garbon, February 05, 2022, 05:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I googled him and Daily Mail has info on that too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10264523/Milo-Yiannopoulos-right-wing-troll-toured-Australia-selling-religious-statues-YouTube.html

QuoteThe sad downfall of Milo Yiannopoulos: Right-wing troll who once held a sold-out tour in Australia blasting feminism and Islam is now selling religious statues on YouTube

But after several years out of the spotlight, the 37-year-old has resurfaced spruiking an $87.50 statue of the Virgin Mary for an extremist Christian organisation. 

'She's just under 12 inches tall, she's available in those two different accent finishes,' Yiannopoulos tells the audience in the bizarre clip.

'We've got statues in the shop that are fully painted but the thing I like about her is this wonderful, burnished, bronzey, aged colour she's got.. the face on this is especially good.'

The video was posted by Church Militant - a far-right, Orthodox Catholic movement with anti-gay, anti-transgender views. 

Yiannopoulos married his long-term boyfriend, John, in 2017  and once said that sex between a 13-year-old boy and an older man could be 'life-affirming'.

But earlier this year he revealed he was now 'anti-gay' and 'anti-sodomy'.

'When I used to kid that I only became gay to torment my mother, I wasn't entirely joking,' he told conservative website LifeSite in March.

'Of course, I was never wholly at home in the gay lifestyle — Who is? Who could be? — and only leaned heavily into it in public because it drove liberals crazy to see a handsome, charismatic, intelligent gay man riotously celebrating conservative principles.'

He also said he planned to dedicate the next 10 years to reviving the widely banned practice of conversion therapy that aims to forcibly change an individual's sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, claiming 'it does work.'
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2022, 03:46:45 AM
I googled him and Daily Mail has info on that too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10264523/Milo-Yiannopoulos-right-wing-troll-toured-Australia-selling-religious-statues-YouTube.html

QuoteThe sad downfall of Milo Yiannopoulos: Right-wing troll who once held a sold-out tour in Australia blasting feminism and Islam is now selling religious statues on YouTube

But after several years out of the spotlight, the 37-year-old has resurfaced spruiking an $87.50 statue of the Virgin Mary for an extremist Christian organisation. 

'She's just under 12 inches tall, she's available in those two different accent finishes,' Yiannopoulos tells the audience in the bizarre clip.

'We've got statues in the shop that are fully painted but the thing I like about her is this wonderful, burnished, bronzey, aged colour she's got.. the face on this is especially good.'

The video was posted by Church Militant - a far-right, Orthodox Catholic movement with anti-gay, anti-transgender views. 

Yiannopoulos married his long-term boyfriend, John, in 2017  and once said that sex between a 13-year-old boy and an older man could be 'life-affirming'.

But earlier this year he revealed he was now 'anti-gay' and 'anti-sodomy'.

'When I used to kid that I only became gay to torment my mother, I wasn't entirely joking,' he told conservative website LifeSite in March.

'Of course, I was never wholly at home in the gay lifestyle — Who is? Who could be? — and only leaned heavily into it in public because it drove liberals crazy to see a handsome, charismatic, intelligent gay man riotously celebrating conservative principles.'

He also said he planned to dedicate the next 10 years to reviving the widely banned practice of conversion therapy that aims to forcibly change an individual's sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, claiming 'it does work.'

:bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

The clip of him selling the Virgin Mary statue is pretty incredible:
https://twitter.com/malonebarry/status/1460383730036576256?s=20&t=IjHxzWGn3KNQd-oyM2YJeA

His career is just pure grift though. Before he pivoted to the right he set up an online tech news site that didn't pay its staff (most of whom are still journalists in the UK/London who "take an interest" in what he's up to), so he moves to the US and Breitbart - again, from my understanding, some financial irregularities follow etc. It feels natural that this is where he ends up.
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

What is the context of Rogan using the n-word?

I am automatically suspicious when these claims are made and there is a curious lack of actual examples of the sin...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

In India Arie's video on it she shares a collage of him using the word a whole bunch of times, though admittedly the context for each instance is unclear. She also includes a clip in which he tells a story about them looking at a property or something in a mostly black area, saying: "we walked into Planet of the Apes. We walked into Africa, dude. We walked in the door and there was no white people." Which makes me much less inclined to believe that his using the n-word is "just joking" or otherwise not serious in every single one of those instances.

Link: https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1489342772557586444?s=20&t=uN4xNUQJUmBs0scGVfyoUw
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on February 06, 2022, 10:37:14 AM

I am automatically suspicious when these claims are made and there is a curious lack of actual examples of the sin...

I'm not sure there can be a legitimate reason for a white 'talk show' host to say the n word that many times.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2022, 12:28:50 PM

I'm not sure there can be a legitimate reason for a white 'talk show' host to say the n word that many times.
I watched a video just the other day where Kent Wallace said the N word like 20 times during a segment.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on February 06, 2022, 12:43:15 PM

I watched a video just the other day where Kent Wallace said the N word like 20 times during a segment.

Yesterday, I watched a movie where Rose Byrne is a voice actor for a robot.

Berkut

I would tend to agree, although again, not being sure is not the same as being sure.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Syt on February 06, 2022, 10:49:32 AM
In India Arie's video on it she shares a collage of him using the word a whole bunch of times, though admittedly the context for each instance is unclear. She also includes a clip in which he tells a story about them looking at a property or something in a mostly black area, saying: "we walked into Planet of the Apes. We walked into Africa, dude. We walked in the door and there was no white people." Which makes me much less inclined to believe that his using the n-word is "just joking" or otherwise not serious in every single one of those instances.

Link: https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1489342772557586444?s=20&t=uN4xNUQJUmBs0scGVfyoUw

It seems like someone went to a lot of work to remove the context from each of those instances. Why?

0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on February 06, 2022, 02:20:28 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 06, 2022, 10:49:32 AM

It seems like someone went to a lot of work to remove the context from each of those instances. Why?

Because she wasn't making an endlessly long video essay but posting on Instagram? :huh:

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 05, 2022, 09:24:36 AM
Rogan is a long time nut who became inexplicably popular.

He is a charismatic guy and a comedian. He was also on a very popular TV show. I mean sure he was eccentric but he was not some Alex Jones guy or anything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."