Main Menu

The Raz Malaise.

Started by Razgovory, November 19, 2021, 06:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on November 19, 2021, 10:19:45 PM
Quote from: DGuller on November 19, 2021, 07:07:32 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 19, 2021, 06:43:54 PM
As some of you figured out, I was sick last weekend.  Pancreatitis and a swollen gallbladder.  I'll have the gallbladder taken out next month.  I feel sick but will probably survive. (quick question: I am now do for my Covid booster, should I get it waiting for surgery?) However, I have a bigger problem:  A sort of malaise I've had for years.  I just can't enjoy stuff much anymore.  If I try to watch TV or a film I get nervous after about 10 minutes and have to turn it off.  I do better with computer games, but it still happens.  More recently it's started with books.  First fiction and now non-fiction.  Often I just end up laying in bed for hours not doing anything.  Mostly this happens with new books or films, I can watch old TV shows without much problem.  I don't know what to do.
I think the obvious first thing to do is to discuss it with professionals.  We can sit here and diagnose you with depression, but we're neither qualified to do that, nor can we do anything about it.

I've already been diagnosed with Depression.  And Anxiety and Bipolar disorder.  I have a psychiatrist but they only deal in medication, something he upped when I last saw him.  Professional health has been exhausted.
do you have friends, outside of Languish, in real life?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.