News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Violence against women

Started by Sheilbh, October 01, 2021, 01:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

What's the definition of an incel anyway?  Is it a man who can't get any sex with a woman, or are there other qualifications?

Maximus

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on October 02, 2021, 06:44:41 PM
What's the definition of an incel anyway?  Is it a man who can't get any sex with a woman, or are there other qualifications?

A man who can't get laid and is angry at women and also at men who do get laid.  Sometimes resort to violence.  Use code words like "Chad" and...Betty?  Can't remember the code word for women that won't bang them.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2021, 06:52:42 PM

A man who can't get laid and is angry at women and also at men who do get laid.  Sometimes resort to violence.  Use code words like "Chad" and...Betty?  Can't remember the code word for women that won't bang them.
I see.  If that's the definition, then I'm not sure either why men on the left can't be bitter about not getting laid.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maximus on October 02, 2021, 06:49:55 PM
Everything without evidence is silly?

An assertion without evidence is silly, yeah.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2021, 06:52:42 PM

I think it's a radical and misogynist ideology - it's treated in that way by UK counter-terrorism bodies given that it has inspired mass shootings in the US and Canada. I believe US counter-terrorism strategy documents also consider it a "single-issue" ideology.

I think probably the key fixture of incel ideology is that they believe in biological determinism: women are solely interested in physically attractive men. So the incels are a type of "victim" of biology who are genetically pre-determined to not find a girlfriend and basically blame the liberation of women into being able to make decisions about their partners for this, because they are base and will just choose good-looking men.

Some who are radicalised turn to suicidal thoughts, others to violence against women and men who have accepted their place in this world (either because they're good looking so they're fine, or because they're weak cucks).

I think it probably trends more right - but that's possibly as much a function of the YouTube algorithm as any underlying politics. You start on some light video game content and you fall asleep for an hour and you're onto Jordan Peterson talking about biological determinism, you fall asleep for another hour or two and you'll probably be in some pretty borderline racist/white supremacist content.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2021, 07:15:13 PM
An assertion without evidence is silly, yeah.
No. It's a provocation.
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2021, 06:26:24 PM
Lack of evidence?

What sort of evidence would be persuasive to you?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 02, 2021, 07:16:05 PM
<snip>

Incels are sworn enemies of rich frat boys and jocks and sorority girls, and cool and pretty people in general.  It's an ideology of have-nots.  Much more natural to end up on the left than the right.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2021, 07:33:20 PM
Incels are sworn enemies of rich frat boys and jocks and sorority girls, and cool and pretty people in general.  It's an ideology of have-nots.  Much more natural to end up on the left than the right.
Good God :blink:

This is a class take so broad it's like Gramsci never even went to prison :weep:

Edit: Das Animal Haus. Wildest view I think I've ever seen here.
Let's bomb Russia!

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 02, 2021, 07:33:20 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 02, 2021, 07:16:05 PM
<snip>

Interesting you're looking for evidence then, since the evidence suggests that incels kill "women" and rant about "women" and have yet killed many many many many many many less rich frat boys and jocks than, well, women...

Admiral Yi

The evidence suggests what I just said as well.

Razgovory

They hate everyone.  They do tend to go right, but I'm not sure if it is required.  Trump was champion of spite and hate so that might be a reason, that women tend to go Democratic may also be a reason.  I only learned about that because of their political bullshit.  They were the fuckwits who were harassing female developers back during gamergate.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maximus

I would say they tend to go far right rather than just right. They seem especially attracted to fascist and fascist-adjacent movements.

Sheilbh

Well a biological determinist world view, plus a sense of victimhood. It's not a massive jump into fascist adjacent content.

Though I don't think they are necessarily political or uniform. It's the model of a modern, mixed or confused ideology - the only thing really tying it together is misogyny.
Let's bomb Russia!