News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

History Trivia Thread Reducks

Started by Admiral Yi, July 22, 2009, 03:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on July 30, 2009, 04:39:59 PM
While we await Max, here is a softball:  who was the only one of Napoleon's brothers never to command troops in battle?

Damn how inadequate he must have felt.  :lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 30, 2009, 12:37:20 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 30, 2009, 12:24:00 PM
One is NZ.

No idea the other, would be funny if it was India :lol:
Hooray! :cheers:

The other one is Oztralia.
Goddamnit, I knew that one but wasn't online.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 30, 2009, 04:55:47 PM
Damn how inadequate he must have felt.  :lol:
The "success" of his brothers made him seem a military genius in comparison!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

While we await Max, here is a softball:  who was the only one of Napoleon's brothers never to command troops in battle?

Lucien?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 30, 2009, 05:35:09 PM

Lucien?
Bingo! :woot:  You win jack shit, because it is Max's turn, but you can throw a softball.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: grumbler on July 30, 2009, 06:04:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 30, 2009, 05:35:09 PM

Lucien?
Bingo! :woot:  You win jack shit, because it is Max's turn, but you can throw a softball.

My obscure knowledge of Napoleon would come in handy some day. And the teachers said I'd be a failure. I SHOWED THEM.  :P

I have no softballs ready.  :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 30, 2009, 06:06:30 PM
My obscure knowledge of Napoleon would come in handy some day. And the teachers said I'd be a failure. I SHOWED THEM.  :P
Don't listen to teachers.  Teachers are stupid -_-
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on July 30, 2009, 06:11:02 PM
Don't listen to teachers.  Teachers are stupid -_-
Hey! :ultra:  I resemble that remark!

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Maximus

Ok, sorry for the delay, I was on my way to class when I answered that.

Of what nationality(by birth) was the viceroy of Peru in 1800?

Barrister

French?

( I assume Spanish is just too obvious)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Maximus

Caliga

Habbaku

I cheated and Googled the answer and am not particularly surprised at it.  Silly Spaniards employed a lot of those buggers.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien