Main Menu

RIP Dusty Hill and Goodbye ZZ Top.

Started by mongers, July 28, 2021, 04:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

:cry:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58006978

Dusty Hill: ZZ Top bassist dies aged 72

Dusty Hill, the bassist of US blues rock band ZZ Top, has died at the age of 72.

Bandmates Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard said that Hill died in his sleep at his home in Houston, Texas. They did not give further details.

Earlier in July, ZZ Top had announced that Hill would not play some upcoming shows due to a hip injury.

Hill was one of the founding members of the iconic band. He played with ZZ Top for over 50 years.

"We, along with legions of ZZ Top fans around the world, will miss your steadfast presence, your good nature, and enduring commitment to providing that monumental bottom to the 'Top'," the statement from Gibbons and Beard said.

"You will be missed greatly, amigo."

Born Joseph Michael Hill, the bassist originally played guitar alongside his brother Rocky in Dallas before moving to Houston and joining Beard.

ZZ Top was founded in 1969, and played their first live concert the following year.

The trio would go on to release 15 studio and four live albums that led to two top 10 singles, Legs and Sleeping Bag from the 1983 album Eliminator. ZZ Top was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004.

In addition to the bass guitar, Hill played keyboard and was a secondary lead vocalist for the band.

Hill also made cameo acting appearances in the Back to the Future Part III film and HBO's Deadwood, along with the animated television series King of the Hill.

Following news of his death, fans and fellow musicians of Hill's took to social media to express their grief.

"For 50 entire years, Dusty Hill anchored down one of the greatest rock power trios that's ever existed," music journalist Corbin Reiff wrote on Twitter.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

RIP.

Totallly unique sound and incredibly full for only 3 instruments.

So bizarre they started life as fake Zombies.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.