Refractory Gauls, or the French politics thread

Started by Duque de Bragança, June 26, 2021, 11:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 15, 2024, 12:54:33 PMHe's very much in the "NATO is the real aggressor" camp.

In that case NATO is a fucking genius. They found a way to kill hundreds of thousands of Russians, and get hundreds of thousands of others to emigrate, without firing a shot.

One would think a French politician would appreciate that kind of Machiavellian realpolitik :hmm:

I just don't have enough faith in NATO as being run by geniuses to adopt this perspective.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Second hand info but I heard Macrons deputy said today you have it vote for them or else you'll have the right bashing gays and the left bashing bus stops.
The left hates buses?

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 15, 2024, 01:01:30 PMMélenchon has always been pretty clear, as in presidential elections debates, that he would let Balts high and dry, even coming up with a "The Balts have had trouble with Russians for a thousand years".

So no question about Ukrainians.

Has this done anything for his popularity?
The French left did seem potentially to be on the verge of a breakthrough pre Ukraine. They've came awfully close in recent elections.

But this Ukraine stance is just...
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josquius on June 15, 2024, 01:25:59 PMSecond hand info but I heard Macrons deputy said today you have it vote for them or else you'll have the right bashing gays and the left bashing bus stops.
The left hates buses?

Think of suburban riots where the lumpenproletariat destroys whatever it's at hand.

QuoteHas this done anything for his popularity?
The French left did seem potentially to be on the verge of a breakthrough pre Ukraine. They've came awfully close in recent elections.

But this Ukraine stance is just...

That's a prerequisite for the selective "anti-imperialist" left over here.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on June 15, 2024, 01:25:59 PMSecond hand info but I heard Macrons deputy said today you have it vote for them or else you'll have the right bashing gays and the left bashing bus stops.

I'm pretty sure that the electorate Mélenchon chases are the ones that'll be bashing gays...
and maybe beheading teachers too while we're at it.

Josquius

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 15, 2024, 03:09:48 PM

I'm pretty sure that the electorate Mélenchon chases are the ones that'll be bashing gays...

That really does sound like the sort of thing your guys get up to.
I've not heard of the modern far left having much to say against gay people and murdering teachers? Eh?
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on June 15, 2024, 03:17:36 PM

That really does sound like the sort of thing your guys get up to.
I've not heard of the modern far left having much to say against gay people and murdering teachers? Eh?
Mélenchon chases the muslim vote, they don't like gays and they're not afraid to beat 'em up. Or behead teachers.
You must be pretty evil to deny that simple reality.

Josquius

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 15, 2024, 03:21:49 PMMélenchon chases the muslim vote, they don't like gays and they're not afraid to beat 'em up. Or behead teachers.
I have no idea about melenchon and Muslims.
I do know however that hating gay people and killing teachers is very extreme right behaviour.
Muslim, Christian, whatever. Just different paint jobs on the same shit.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Islamo-leftist coalition indeed.
Not too fond of Jews as well, be them zionist or not.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Josquius on June 15, 2024, 03:27:44 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 15, 2024, 03:21:49 PMMélenchon chases the muslim vote, they don't like gays and they're not afraid to beat 'em up. Or behead teachers.
I do know however that hating gay people and killing teachers is very extreme right behaviour.

You are in denial.like the Russians.

Josquius

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 16, 2024, 04:28:12 AM
Quote from: Josquius on June 15, 2024, 03:27:44 PM

You are in denial.like the Russians.

In denial of?...
██████
██████
██████