News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 3

Started by Syt, May 21, 2021, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

I'd like to see it succeed, but if it's a mess, I'm happy to keep playing with 1.6.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/sphere-of-influence-letsplays.1690818/

So, like, I know everything must be a meme and for the lolz, but the fact that they keep with the "sponsored pre-release streams have ridiculous game-breaking playthroughs" thing is telling me the patch is likely broken like previous ones when they did this.

Tamas

25 pounds for the DLC? Wow.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 23, 2024, 08:55:30 AM25 pounds for the DLC? Wow.

I must have bought the deluxe version that gave me everything before - as I see steam lets me have the Victoria bundle with only that new DLC and I can get bundle discount so it costs 17.99 alone.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on June 23, 2024, 07:54:07 AMhttps://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/sphere-of-influence-letsplays.1690818/

So, like, I know everything must be a meme and for the lolz, but the fact that they keep with the "sponsored pre-release streams have ridiculous game-breaking playthroughs" thing is telling me the patch is likely broken like previous ones when they did this.

Yeah, hopefully some of this gets nerfed. Saw a guy playing Prussia => Germany and he got insane migration from, well, everywhere (including USA).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

I also don't like that Power Blocs seem to be like CK3 bloodlines, you rack up points and unlock increasingly OP bonuses. Wait and click for bonuses (the EU4 and CK3 way) should NOT be Vic3's direction.

Syt

You mean CK2 bloodlines, right? :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on June 23, 2024, 04:05:37 PMYou mean CK2 bloodlines, right? :P

Whatever the feature is called in CK3 where you accumulate points for your dynasty and unlock fantasy-style bonuses with it.

Syt

Oh, legacies. Not nearly as OP as bloodlines were, though. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

I feel like you are missing my point.  :P

Syt

That you don't like "click button, get bonus" mechanics? :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Yes. I see power blocs as the first step toward the EU4-ification of Vic3 in a bad way. Hopefully I am wrong.

Syt

To me they seem too rigid and "gamey" with the monument building etc. I don't like them being called "Power Blocs" because I think that makes them sound more organized (NATO) rather than a more informal (voluntary or involuntary) grouping of countries led by a major power. Kind of, I don't know ... a Sphere of Influence? :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Had what I think my first Vic3 CTD before even unpausing or taking an action. Not a good start. No mods of course.