News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Euro 2020/2021

Started by Maladict, May 14, 2021, 06:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Worst indecisive battle against Hungarians since Aspern-Essling.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Excellent from Hungary but very wasteful from France.

Interesting to see Germany-Portugal tonight, because based on that I'm not convinced Hungary will be a roll-over for Germany and could be one of the teams getting out from third (I hate this by the way) :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Trying to do the math here... so now Portugal should win right? That should leave mathematical chances open for the game against Germany.

Sheilbh

I don't actually think it matters. Hungary have 1 point and Germany have 0. So whether Germany loses, wins or draws this afternoon, Germany v Hungary could be decisive for third place.

But if Germany lose or draw, Hungary only needs a draw to get into third place - I don't know how it works from there.
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Yes, but you still have a three goal differential. So either Germany has to play bad today or Hungary has to really beat them. Plus France has to lose to Portugal.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on June 19, 2021, 10:09:55 AM
Yes, but you still have a three goal differential. So either Germany has to play bad today or Hungary has to really beat them. Plus France has to lose to Portugal.
Does it matter what France and Portugal do because they're (probably) going to be the first two spots? Fair point on the goal difference and, as I say, I've no idea how they work out the best placed thirds who go through (as I say I hate this because the group games don't really matter because we'll see most of these teams again anyway :lol:).
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on June 19, 2021, 10:04:11 AM
Trying to do the math here... so now Portugal should win right? That should leave mathematical chances open for the game against Germany.

If the Portuguese coach can get away with a tie, he will, as I said previously.

But yes, even a German defeat would not spell doom for Germany, though a victory with lots of goals vs Hungary would be needed and some very bad 3rds in other groups. OTOH, Hungary can't qualify with two ties.

HVC

Guess the plan is to set off Pepe to get him to do something stupid :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Duque de Bragança

Portugal and Germany very different from their first games. Selecção awful.

HVC

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

All right, HVC, if I can pull the reverse jinx again, I will do it. Great counter.

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 19, 2021, 11:16:38 AM
All right, HVC, if I can pull the reverse jinx again, I will do it. Great counter.

:D I agree though that Portugal's play in their end is shaken. Not out of the woods yet

The Larch

Well, this match started at full speed ahead! Rather eventful 15 minutes so far.

Duque de Bragança

Pepe out would be terrible news, not just for his Languish fans.