Vote in the FC Barcelona Presidential Election!

Started by celedhring, March 04, 2021, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should complete Bartomeu's work and run the club into the ground?

2 (12.5%)
1 (6.3%)
1 (6.3%)
1 (6.3%)
4 (25%)
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on March 05, 2021, 12:15:52 PM
I went and got a haircut yesterday.  First since mid-November.  It feels glorious!
Depending on what's going on with my fringe I either have very long curtains or, like Gabrielle, can only see out of one eye :lol: :weep:

I cannot wait for barbers to re-open (I have a Turkish colleague who tells me that there's an underground network of Turkish barbers that are still open but apparently only for fellow Turks :lol:).
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on March 05, 2021, 04:54:41 AM
1 - Víctor Font, venture capitalist and local media "mogul" (we are a pretty small market). He would appoint Xavi as head of football. He polls at a distant #2, but he has hopes of concentrating the tactical vote against Laporta (who polls at #1 but is a very controversial figure). He had a bit of a gaffe early in the campaign where he wasn't assertive enough about extending Messi's contract, which is a capital sin (even though the sensible thing would be to let him walk).

See I thought he was some kind of Tech magnate who was going to replace all your players with robots, hence why I voted for him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

I think he has some investments in tech, he's probably the most influential of the lot, as businessman. He's not a billionaire or anything though, all the candidates are relatively small potatoes in the Catalan business scene. Since Nuñez (who also ended in jail  :P) in the 1980s-1990s we haven't had any of the big fish running for president of Barça.

Funnily, Espanyol have had a longer list of truly wealthy/influential presidents/owners.

celedhring

Polling stations have closed. Turnout is 55%, the Catalan election of a month ago was 52% (on a census 50 times larger, but still  :lol:).

Exit polls (because of course we have exit polls for this), have Laporta winning in a landslide (58% vs 31% for Font). Will update after the final count.

celedhring

So, Barça's financial situation is so dire, that Laporta and his incoming board are having trouble securing the bank guarantees required by law. They need to raise €126 million to cover possible losses during their administration. There's talk he's going to have to essentially "sell" a VP chair to some rich Catalan businessman that can provide the needed backing.  :lol: :rolleyes: