German defense minister to Macron: EU depends on US security guarantee

Started by OttoVonBismarck, November 17, 2020, 11:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2020, 07:27:12 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2020, 03:09:12 PM
The most surprising part of this poll is that there are Hungarians and Greeks and Bulgarians who don't want their nationalistic claims still. Good on those people.
I'm sure there are Ukrainians who don't their nationalist claims still, on Eastern Ukraine and Crimea.  Good on those people.

Yeah because that is the same shit. In any case what does that have to do with this poll? Ukraine isn't even on it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2020, 07:29:33 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 14, 2020, 03:13:05 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2020, 03:08:22 PM
It depends on how you define countries. Maybe some Scots still demand Cumberland back.
Nah. Borders on Great Britain are relatively settled - have been for about 600 years.

Maybe they want Berwick back for the original Northern Ireland protocol where Berwick was legally part of Scotland (and had Scots law) but administered by England :lol:
aren't there some disputes about northern islands between Denmark and Scotland?  I'm talking of these island/chains way up north (sorry, I'm seriously bad in geography).   Or is it between Scotland and England? 

Danes are always eager to pick a fight for some island or another, so it wouldn't surprise me :P :P

Norway I think.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2020, 08:07:59 PM
In any case what does that have to do with this poll? Ukraine isn't even on it.

People always trying to deny Ukraine's existence. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2020, 08:07:59 PM
Quote from: viper37 on December 14, 2020, 07:27:12 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 14, 2020, 03:09:12 PM
The most surprising part of this poll is that there are Hungarians and Greeks and Bulgarians who don't want their nationalistic claims still. Good on those people.
I'm sure there are Ukrainians who don't their nationalist claims still, on Eastern Ukraine and Crimea.  Good on those people.

Yeah because that is the same shit. In any case what does that have to do with this poll? Ukraine isn't even on it.

It is, 2nd from the bottom, after the NATO median.

Sheilbh

aren't there some disputes about northern islands between Denmark and Scotland?  I'm talking of these island/chains way up north (sorry, I'm seriously bad in geography).   Or is it between Scotland and England? 

Danes are always eager to pick a fight for some island or another, so it wouldn't surprise me :P :P
Orkney and Shetland islands (plus Caithness), they became Scottish as part of Margaret of Denmark's dowry. But I think the extent there's a claim, they're Norwegian not Danish :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

I wonder how many of those Czechs/Slovaks are pointing at each other.  :P

viper37

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 15, 2020, 04:36:33 AM

Orkney and Shetland islands (plus Caithness), they became Scottish as part of Margaret of Denmark's dowry. But I think the extent there's a claim, they're Norwegian not Danish :P
see, I just knew the Danes had something to do about it!  :P :P

But reading about it, I probably mixed the situation of Faroe islands belonging to Denmark with the autonomous movement of the Shetland islands from the 70s. :)

It's hard to judge what territory some people of Scotland may think should belong to them.  I'd be curious to know specifically what they had in mind though. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.