News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Classical Music

Started by Eddie Teach, August 08, 2020, 05:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your favorite composer of the Big 4?

Handel
4 (19%)
Bach
5 (23.8%)
Mozart
5 (23.8%)
Beethoven
5 (23.8%)
Cage
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

They are all quite different :hmm:

I always liked how Mozart's music just kind of feels like it always existed somehow. Like somehow it is naturally occuring...somehow. I am not really sure how to explain it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Monoriu

No strong preference.  I just pick their best songs and mix it with everything else. 

HisMajestyBOB

Beethoven.
Tchaikovsky is my favorite composer.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

PDH

Growing up my Dad put on Vivaldi every Sunday morning so the Italian gets my heads up as that was the composer I first learned enough to make it organic.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Pedrito

It's like asking which of my children I prefer.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Brain

Your children are composers?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Rex Francorum

If I have to choose

Handel
Then Haydn or Beethoven
To rent

The Minsky Moment

Bach for the music
Haydn for the personality.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Fascinated at how even the vote is :P

Granted the sample size is still kind of small.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

It is very very hard. Bach gets the vote, but it's a photo finish with Handel and Beethoven.

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on August 08, 2020, 05:42:10 PM
They are all quite different :hmm:

I always liked how Mozart's music just kind of feels like it always existed somehow. Like somehow it is naturally occuring...somehow. I am not really sure how to explain it.

Mozart feels like nature to me. Like, the music was heard outside somewhere.

Unlike Handel, who sounds like it was created to be played in a grand hall. It's big, playful, and complex. Vivaldi is the same. Beautiful, but manufactured with the acoustics of a hall in mind.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".