Hitman kills the son of Federal judge. Husband in critical condition

Started by jimmy olsen, July 19, 2020, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

merithyn

The suspect has died of a "self-inflicted" gunshot wound. :ph34r:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/19/us/federal-judge-esther-salas-shooting-investigation/index.html

QuoteThe person suspected of shooting the husband and son of US District Court of New Jersey Esther Salas on Sunday at her North Brunswick home has died of what is believed to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to two law enforcement sources.

Daniel Anderl, a 20-year-old student at Catholic University, was killed in the shooting, and Mark Anderl, the judge's husband and a defense attorney, was injured, according to Chief Judge Freda Wolfson. Salas was unharmed, Wolfson said.

Mark Anderl is in stable condition and "seems to be OK," said Carlos Salas, the judge's brother.

Both the US Marshals and FBI are investigating the shooting and were working to find the suspected gunman. Initial reports from law enforcement said Daniel Anderl opened the door with his father right behind him. The door opened to a hail of gunfire and the gunman fled, a law enforcement source told CNN.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Heh. It appears to have been a Men's Rights attorney who shot the judge's son and husband.

Fucking uppity woman brought it on herself.

https://abovethelaw.com/2020/07/former-cravath-lawyer-named-as-suspect-in-fatal-shooting-at-federal-judges-home/

QuoteEarlier today, we reported on the violent shooting death of the son of Judge Esther Salas as well as the critical gunshot injuries her husband, criminal defense attorney Mark Anderl, sustained during the same attack. At the time, the suspect's identity was unknown and he remained at large.

Authorities have now named a suspect — and he's a former Cravath associate.

Roy Den Hollander, a men's rights attorney who worked at the prestigious firm for several years in the late eighties before going out on his own, is being investigated for his alleged role in the shooting. Hollander had a case before Salas in 2015.

Hours after the shooting, Hollander was found in his car with a self-inflicted gunshot wound in upstate New York. A FedEx package addressed to Salas was reportedly found in his car. The Daily Beast has some additional details on Hollander:

QuoteHollander described himself on his website as an anti-feminist. "Now is the time for all good men to fight for their rights before they have no rights left," it said.

For years, Hollander has been filing suits alleging that women get unconstitutional special treatment and pushing to outlaw Ladies' Nights at bars and women's studies programs at universities.

The case in Salas' courtroom was filed in 2015 on behalf of the mother of a 17-year-old New Jersey girl who argued that the Selective Service System barring females from registering for the draft while making is mandatory for males was illegal.

We will continue to follow this tragic case and provide updates should more information — like a possible motive — be revealed.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 20, 2020, 03:26:24 PM
So, not a hitman then.

I don't think many hitmen commit suicide after they do the job. I could be wrong, I guess.

DGuller

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: merithyn on July 20, 2020, 03:02:50 PM
Heh. It appears to have been a Men's Rights attorney who shot the judge's son and husband.

Fucking uppity woman brought it on herself.

https://abovethelaw.com/2020/07/former-cravath-lawyer-named-as-suspect-in-fatal-shooting-at-federal-judges-home/

QuoteEarlier today, we reported on the violent shooting death of the son of Judge Esther Salas as well as the critical gunshot injuries her husband, criminal defense attorney Mark Anderl, sustained during the same attack. At the time, the suspect's identity was unknown and he remained at large.

Authorities have now named a suspect — and he's a former Cravath associate.

Roy Den Hollander, a men's rights attorney who worked at the prestigious firm for several years in the late eighties before going out on his own, is being investigated for his alleged role in the shooting. Hollander had a case before Salas in 2015.

Hours after the shooting, Hollander was found in his car with a self-inflicted gunshot wound in upstate New York. A FedEx package addressed to Salas was reportedly found in his car. The Daily Beast has some additional details on Hollander:

QuoteHollander described himself on his website as an anti-feminist. "Now is the time for all good men to fight for their rights before they have no rights left," it said.

For years, Hollander has been filing suits alleging that women get unconstitutional special treatment and pushing to outlaw Ladies' Nights at bars and women's studies programs at universities.

The case in Salas' courtroom was filed in 2015 on behalf of the mother of a 17-year-old New Jersey girl who argued that the Selective Service System barring females from registering for the draft while making is mandatory for males was illegal.

We will continue to follow this tragic case and provide updates should more information — like a possible motive — be revealed.

Ahh, so he's been an asshole for decades and not just the last 24 hours.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

grumbler

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 20, 2020, 03:26:24 PM
So, not a hitman then.

Only Timmay the Wolfcrying Boy ever said that it was.  He was probably confused because of the massive war with Iran that we are fighting (or so he claimed).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Holy Crap, This guy appeared on Fox News.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1285285847085002752  One video is here.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/suspect-in-shooting-of-judges-family-railed-against-feminism-ladies-night-in-old-appearances-on-fox-news-msnbc/  One video is here.

Sorry, that's the best I could do with finding videos to link.

He appears to have been too bonkers even for them.  He keeps revering to women as "girls".

merithyn

Of course he did. He was bitter because his mail-order bride from Russia divorced his ass and took a bunch of his money as alimony. 

So, you know, women are horrible in all ways.

Berkut

Women are terrible. They make you do terrible things, like buying a boat.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on July 20, 2020, 08:58:09 PM
:console: Look on the bright side, you still have the second of happiest days ahead of you.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on July 20, 2020, 09:02:09 PM
Quote from: Berkut on July 20, 2020, 08:58:09 PM
:console: Look on the bright side, you still have the second of happiest days ahead of you.

I can attest to this, thrice over.  I had to move away from the Chesapeake or I'd have an even bigger boat today.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!