I'm working remotely from home
49 (59.8%)
I've been laid off
9 (11%)
I wasn't employed to begin with
6 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Maladict

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on February 12, 2021, 02:04:54 PM
My uncle just passed away. While not directly covid related, the lock down and lack of social contact was really effecting him. He committed  suicide last night. He was in his 80s
God so sorry to hear that HVC :( :console:
Let's bomb Russia!

Berkut

That really sucks man. Sorry to hear that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

So sorry about that, HVC  :(

This shit eats at you sometimes. Living alone, I feel hanging by a thread from time to time.

Duque de Bragança

KRonn

Quote from: HVC on February 12, 2021, 02:04:54 PM
My uncle just passed away. While not directly covid related, the lock down and lack of social contact was really effecting him. He committed  suicide last night. He was in his 80s

So sorry to hear that HVC. :(

KRonn

I'm going to sign up with my company to get the vaccine. I work for a large health care company and they've had sign-ups for the vaccine for a while now. I go the OK by my doctor to get the vaccine - I'm on blood thinners so wanted to ask about that if it might have any issue with the vaccine.

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on February 13, 2021, 08:31:21 PM
I'm going to sign up with my company to get the vaccine. I work for a large health care company and they've had sign-ups for the vaccine for a while now. I go the OK by my doctor to get the vaccine - I'm on blood thinners so wanted to ask about that if it might have any issue with the vaccine.
:thumbsup:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Austrian government said yesterday that due to the continued high level of infections the current form of lockdown (shops and most non-gatro businesses open with FFP2 mask + distancing rules; hotels, restaurants, bars, theaters, etc. closed) will continue till "around Easter" with a reevaluation on 1st March. They hope that with more vaccinations and warmer weather the situation becomes a bit easier.

At the moment the 7 day incidence per 100,000 people is steady at around 113 (the goal was to get below 50, but with the more easily spread mutations this is being reevaluated whether it's realistic). Restaurants, bars etc. have been closed for 15 weeks now. Non-essential shops reopened last week, so in two weeks or so we will see the impact of that (if any).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Carnival season is Krapfen season. A bakery chain added the "Mayor Krapfen" this year, in reference to several mayors jumping the vaccination queue.

Comes with green sugar lumps (the virus) and a syringe of egg nog for the filling.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Christ, if I lived in Austria I'd be so obese.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?