Total Members Voted: 82

katmai

What in the fuck? Syt has a five guys and I don't. Life is unfair
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 02, 2021, 06:01:22 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 02, 2021, 05:29:48 PM
You have a keen eye!

I found it strange that a menu in Austria (I assumed) would be written entirely in English, so I was reading through it to see if there were any cases where they had translated.

It's in one of the most touristy areas in Vienna, they'll be making most of their revenue from foreign travelers once this is over. Locals don't visit establishments in that area much, and if they do they're in the minority.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 02, 2021, 06:17:17 PM
Picture the scene.  A family run restaurant in a small town in Northern Italy.   The grandmother, who does all the cooking, comes out to see us. She is very happy we are there.  Her grandson, who speaks passable English, translates for us. I ask her what her specialty is.  She absolutely glows with pride as she points to the menu item which is translated as "overcooked horsemeat".

What is one to do, I order it.  And it turns out to be an amazing slow cooked dish.

On the way out I leave a written note of the correct translation for the grandson.

I've eaten guinea pig, dog, ox, bison, alligator, and fermented yak's milk, but never horse. I've heard its good and would love to try it.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Zanza

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 02, 2021, 06:01:22 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 02, 2021, 05:29:48 PM
You have a keen eye!

I found it strange that a menu in Austria (I assumed) would be written entirely in English, so I was reading through it to see if there were any cases where they had translated.
Here is the German version from my hometown, not as international as Vienna:

Admiral Yi

Prices are way lower I see. 

But not for fries I see.  :hmm:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on February 02, 2021, 01:44:48 PM
Addendum - on the Google reviews page for Five Guys, someone posted the full menu if people want tot see the prices. Reviews are either 1 or 5, with nothing in between. :lol:

Looks pretty comparable to what I remember from Newcastle.

edit- OK, I can just check google maps for Lausanne. No need to check manually.

So the prices have scaled up with the Swiss premium, albeit not quite as much as might be expected.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Heh, indeed the menu is exactly the same over here. Slightly cheaper though!

Duque de Bragança

It's pretty expensive as well in Paris, from what I saw in their Champs-Élysées joint.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Lets rename this thread the 5 guys menu thread
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I like how my menu doesn't include the peanut oil warning because they have a 4th item.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 03, 2021, 08:14:58 AM
I like how my menu doesn't include the peanut oil warning because they have a 4th item.

I was thinking "and that item is probably poutine" before I scrolled back and confirmed it.  :P

celedhring

Gyms are set to reopen next Monday. Not sure if I'll go, IA is still at over 500 and with nasty variants out there...

Might try go at 7am or such, place should be empty at that time.

Syt

Shops will reopen on the 8th. FFP2 masks mandatory, 1 customer per 20 square meters.

I look forward to going to a book shop.

Meanwhile, Austrian economy took the biggest dive in Europe. Mostly because of the loss of tourism (GDP/cap from tourism is quite high for AT).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.