Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

First time since August 14th that US had 60k plus cases. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Hundreds of new cases in Vienna every day; this is how the FPÖ ended their election campaign yesterday:

On reddit someone shared a video of drunk teens in a crowded subway, without masks, shouting and singing.

This is going to be a fun fall and winter. <_<

EDIT: FPÖ politicians (who are against masks out of principle at this point) really show how to safely do a campaign rally:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Remains to be seen if the city government will set some restrictions again next week; I feel they may have been holding back because of tomorrow's elections.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

So, one of the Spanish participants in the Oxford vaccine trial has tested positive  <_<

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on September 25, 2020, 12:28:51 PM

Latest ECDC map:

Maybe getting better in France, Spain and Benelux. Getting worse in UK, Ireland and Denmark. Also looks like it's spreading through CEE now.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Germanys good showing continues to impress.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

It might worth nothing that as I understand in Hungary they are in a 3.6 Rontgen situation, as in according to one of the people in charge of testing they have reached their max testing capacity. And that's with the test itself costing money for most people. So the reality must be far more grim than what that shows.

Also earlier this week some journalists discovered that a 39 years old casualty of the virus got "accidentally" left off of the list of deaths. Due to his age he was easy to see as not being on it, I guess they didn't want him make the numbers look bad.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on October 10, 2020, 05:13:33 PM
Yeah - and Greece has been very impressive in handling it.

QuoteIt might worth nothing that as I understand in Hungary they are in a 3.6 Rontgen situation, as in according to one of the people in charge of testing they have reached their max testing capacity. And that's with the test itself costing money for most people. So the reality must be far more grim than what that shows.
:(
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 10, 2020, 04:12:51 PM
Quote from: Syt on September 25, 2020, 12:28:51 PM

Latest ECDC map:

Maybe getting better in France, Spain and Benelux. Getting worse in UK, Ireland and Denmark. Also looks like it's spreading through CEE now.

Take into account that the scale is not the same on both maps, on the second one the top ranks have been split further.

celedhring

Spain's 14-day rate is down 4% week-to-week, although Catalonia has been posting bad numbers (mostly the Barcelona area) this week and we'll see what happens with Madrid.

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on October 10, 2020, 05:13:33 PM
Germany is just a few weeks behind. The numbers here are growing with R > 1. My city is above 50 cases / 100k / 7 days again, so they are shutting down nightlife again and will probably have mandatory masks even outdoors in the city centre.
There is widespread community transmission without identifiable hotspots.

Zanza

It has not yet gotten better anywhere as per that map. The changed scale is not helpful.

Maladict

Maybe getting better in France, Spain and Benelux. Getting worse in UK, Ireland and Denmark.

Definitely not better here, we're hurtling towards lockdown again.