News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on March 04, 2020, 06:44:55 AM
Guy at work, a renowned hypochondriac, called in sick with corona. Apparently phoned the nhs advice service and was told to stay on the safe side and remain at home.
Quite contrary to their usual behaviour of shrugging off a ything short of a missing limb and telling you to take some paracetamol and get on with life.

:huh:

Doesn't really seem that far removed from their standard policy. After all, someone sitting at home in isolation still isn't using anymore NHS resource.

Also it does seem like a convenient way to get out of work, claim the NHS service told you to stay at home.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 04, 2020, 08:08:55 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 04, 2020, 04:11:57 AM
:bleeding: People like that drive me crazy.

Stay at home - I mean work from home if you want but don't bring disease up to me <_<

Can't work from home, Boss' against it. So I show up sick. Sorry, not sorry.
Yeah obviously when possible which it is in loads of injuries and bosses who have an issue with it are a problem in general, but especially now. If they're getting in the way of people who should self-isolating, there should be consequences.
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 04, 2020, 08:20:27 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 04, 2020, 08:08:55 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 04, 2020, 04:11:57 AM
:bleeding: People like that drive me crazy.

Stay at home - I mean work from home if you want but don't bring disease up to me <_<

Can't work from home, Boss' against it. So I show up sick. Sorry, not sorry.
Yeah obviously when possible which it is in loads of injuries and bosses who have an issue with it are a problem in general, but especially now. If they're getting in the way of people who should self-isolating, there should be consequences.

I hope so. You don't know how annoying it is to have the backwards boss.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Legbiter

Shit will hit the fan here in a couple of weeks. We'll be like Italy is today then. The health authorities are very obviously learning on the job. The epidemic given it's character will last around 5-6 months. We'll be at the peak late May, early June and then new cases will slowly decrease. Maybe most of us here will eventually get it but it will most probably be mild. And then you're immune. Control measures are effective and will slow the spread. The more pain you frontload in terms of community actions, the better.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 04, 2020, 08:32:24 AM

I hope so. You don't know how annoying it is to have the backwards boss.
For sure, where I am there are bosses who are very pro-working from home and bosses who are very anti and it is very frustrating having to navigate the two.

But the industry is moving to a lot more working from home because it's cheaper than paying for office space :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Legbiter on March 04, 2020, 08:35:41 AM
Shit will hit the fan here in a couple of weeks. We'll be like Italy is today then. The health authorities are very obviously learning on the job. The epidemic given it's character will last around 5-6 months. We'll be at the peak late May, early June and then new cases will slowly decrease. Maybe most of us here will eventually get it but it will most probably be mild. And then you're immune. Control measures are effective and will slow the spread. The more pain you frontload in terms of community actions, the better.
That's the UK's "delay" strategy, push the peak to the early summer when hospital capacity is better than now. They expect the peak to last for a month or two and then decline.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Italy has just announced that it's closing all schools and universities in the country until mid march.

Legbiter

Good. I wish they'd just bite the bullet and do it here as well.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Sheilbh

Saudi had already closed pilgrimages for foreigners, they've now shut down pilgrimages for Saudi citizens/residents as well :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 04, 2020, 08:50:04 AM
Saudi had already closed pilgrimages for foreigners, they've now shut down pilgrimages for Saudi citizens/residents as well :mellow:

I find this extremely hard to justify if you are religious. :P

Worst case scenario is God decides you should die of the virus which would send you straight to Heaven, so a big net gain.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 04, 2020, 08:50:04 AM

So no stampedes at Mecca at all. Must be Allah's will I guess.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

mongers

Useful to know:

Coronavirus median incubation period 5-7 days, maximum 14: Chinese Medical Association

The median incubation period of the new coronavirus is five to seven days and the maximum 14 days, Du Bin, Chairman of the Critical Care Medical Branch of the Chinese Medical Association, told a press event on Wednesday in Beijing.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 04, 2020, 09:21:05 AM
UK cases up to 85 :ph34r:

Pretty much a doubling in a day.  :hmm:

Something Italy has seen a couple of times, meanwhile their daily death toll has increased to an average of one an hour for the last two days.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"