News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2/Covid-19 Megathread

Started by Syt, January 18, 2020, 09:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Good move from some local supermarkets to have designated hours for the elderly to do their shopping. This will rely on people not being dicks, so let's see how it goes :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 15, 2020, 08:28:56 PM
I let you do all the summaries, Vip.
All right.

How are things on your end of the 20?

I'm seeing increasing reports that the Government of Canada may partially shut down the borders with some countries.  There have been discussions to that effect between the vice-pm and some of the scientists from health Canada, if there were scientific grounds to do it (apparently, yes, if you let in merchandises and foreign medical staff/scientists who might help the current crisis).  Pressure from both opposition groups are intensifying on this, at the very least.  The NDP leader is self isolation, so I'm not hearing much on their side.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 15, 2020, 08:56:32 PM
Good move from some local supermarkets to have designated hours for the elderly to do their shopping. This will rely on people not being dicks, so let's see how it goes :ph34r:

How long do you think it is before we start stationing cops at supermarkets?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 15, 2020, 06:36:44 PM
Also the Fed cut the rate to zero and began QE.

Dow's going to lose everything it gained Friday. Might hit the 2nd circuit breaker

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/03/15/traders-await-futures-open-after-fed-cuts-rates-launches-easing-program.html

If this doesn't work, maybe we'll start airlifting pallets of money to to select CEOs and traders. Of course, that will mean we can't afford paid sick leave for hourly workers.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

That is a somewhat unorthodox view of central bank policy Bob.

Zoupa

As some of you may know, I'm a (community) pharmacist. We ran out of masks, hand sanitizer, wipes and alcohol about a week ago.

Our wholesaler said they estimate 6 months til we get more  :huh:

So we're working in even worse sanitary conditions than before this thing started. Won't be long that an employee gets symptoms, and then the whole staff apparently needs to go in quarantine according to gvt recommendations.

Not sure what happens to all our patients then.

Fate

If the outbreak gets bad they'll relax those rules for essential workers.

They're telling us at our hospital that if you don't have a fever but are COVID-19 positive you'll be allowed to work, with a mask. At the moment we still have the luxury of sending those people home.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 15, 2020, 10:12:33 PM
That is a somewhat unorthodox view of central bank policy Bob.

I know. I'm just tired and cranky.

I do suspect the Senate will refuse to approve any bill that provides paid sick leave.

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on March 15, 2020, 10:18:34 PM
Not sure what happens to all our patients then.
You would have to take an agreement with other pharmacists around you to redistribute the case load.  If you're not the owner of the store, it's something you should be discussing right now with your boss.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HisMajestyBOB

Trump reportedly tried to lure a German pharmaceutical company to the US to develop a vaccine, "but only for the US."
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/coronavirus-germany-tries-to-stop-us-luring-away-firm-seeking-vaccine.html

viper37

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 15, 2020, 10:34:04 PM
Trump reportedly tried to lure a German pharmaceutical company to the US to develop a vaccine, "but only for the US."
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/coronavirus-germany-tries-to-stop-us-luring-away-firm-seeking-vaccine.html
couple of pages up.  Try to follow, dude!  There's only 25 pages of so per day!  :P :P

It was a dick move.  Something that shouldn't shock us from Trump, but still, I am.

viper37

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: viper37 on March 15, 2020, 10:38:09 PM
couple of pages up.  Try to follow, dudu!  There's only 25 pages of so per day!  :P :P

It was a dick move.  Something that shouldn't shock us from Trump, but still, I am.

:blush:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on March 15, 2020, 10:38:09 PM
couple of pages up.  Try to follow, dudu!  There's only 25 pages of so per day!  :P :P

Your pages are wimpy short ones. There are 46 total. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?