News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baldur's Gate 3 announced

Started by Syt, June 06, 2019, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I have my main character (female Lolth-sworn Drow warlock) but I recently started a secondary campaign wherein I created Conan the Barbarian... I did a pretty good job making him look like Ahnold but I wish I could have a voice set that sounds like him.  I made him the Dark Urge which has resulted in him making some... interesting choices so far.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Finally making progress. :)

Without going into spoilers, I've visited Auntie Ethel (lovely old dear), took care of the temple and (finally) met Karlach (I forgot that she can be a companion, so put her off for a long time ... the Grove situation is resolved, so not sure if I might have broken something now :D ).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

I just started the third Act. I love how you are back to exploring an area, meeting random people etc.

Legbiter

Yuuge patch dropped today. Lots of fixes.

:lol:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

Slowly making my progress. Currently in the Underdark (which was incidentally my least favorite part of BG2) and it's a bit of a slog :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on December 12, 2023, 01:38:22 AMSlowly making my progress. Currently in the Underdark (which was incidentally my least favorite part of BG2) and it's a bit of a slog :D

The Baldur's Gate 3 experience: Ok let me just check out this little corner of the map

*4 hours later*

Wait...what was I doing again?

My Gale playthrough is currently in Baldur's Gate. On a break for the Holidays though. I will get back into it in January.

One of he best games I have played in years. I love the shit out of this game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on November 03, 2023, 10:43:50 AMYuuge patch dropped today. Lots of fixes.

Does resurrecting somebody have them grow their head back?  :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

You know what the scariest thing is about this game? When you're just moving around and your whole party gives a "Perception Failed" message.  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

Most of the traps are not that bad though.

Zanza

Took me a while, but I finally finished the game. Played a bard Dark Urge with my main crew being Karlach, Wyll and Shadowheart. Party composition might already tell you that I played a good aligned game. But for most or all the companions there seem to be options for good or evil character development, which is interesting for a second playthrough.

I guess you miss a bit of content with an evil party, but not too much as most quests seem to have a good and an evil way to solve them. My impression was that the story arcs of Wyll and Shadowheart were very good and complete, Karlach was less content - maybe something they cut?

You can only recruit some of the companions late in Acts 2 and 3, which I did not like. Somehow that makes it harder for me to see them as my party. That said, there could be more variety. Some classes are not available at all and while you can respec the companions, the dialogue then will not fit anymore in many cases. Also there are no dwarfs, halflings, half orcs etc.
Some of the early Druid Grove NPCs would work as companions I feel, e.g. Aradin, Zevlor, Kagha, Alfira, Rolan. Maybe a few other options in Act 1 too.

Also lots of possibilities to sneak or talk instead of fight - but then you miss all that dropped loot and collecting all the items is part of the fun.

I played on the balanced level and once I had understood all the mechanics that was almost too easy, especially the last fights in Act 3. I had so many unused potions and spells after the last battle. :blush:

I guess I will wait if they bring a definitive edition or so like with their other games and then play it again. Probably with an evil party then.

Syt

The game says I have 90 hours on it, but my playthrough is on 75 hours (I did spend some time in character creator and played two or so other characters through the Nautiloid opening), and I just got the achievement for finishing Act 1. (according to achievement stats about 48% made it this far which seems a lot for a game like this; I'd expect much earlier drop offs)  :blush: I spent a lot of time in the Underdark (with some encounters left for later), and this weekend I did the "other route" with the party (which was admittedly a lot quicker and interesting than mucking about in the Underdark tbh :P ) I also did a fair bit of backtracking to tie up some loose ends; I am a compulsive explorer - and the multiple routes through dungeons and areas give me strong vibes of some of Dark Souls' better level designs (in a good way). "Oh, that connects to here? Neat!"

I also had my first real gutpunch WTF??? reaction to something (very minor spoiler?):

An enemy dropped camp supplies (food) loot: giant miniature space hamster on a stick. :o  :cry:  :ultra: That fuck deserved to die a lot more miserably than they did. :mad:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sophie Scholl

...but were they drinking Giant Miniature Space Hamster, too?

You cannot see attachments on this board.

(It's a beer that my great local Brewery, Bullfinch Brewpub, makes. Almost all of their beers are D&D related for their names.)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Zanza

The Underdark is one of my favourite areas in the game. It looks fantastic and has interesting story content.

PS: Boo is fine.

Darth Wagtaros

In Pool of Radiance I'd get hirlings and then let them get killed and use the animate dead spell to raise them so I'd not have to pay them.
PDH!

Syt

Quote from: Sophie Scholl on January 09, 2024, 11:24:03 AM...but were they drinking Giant Miniature Space Hamster, too?

@Zanza: didn't think the grilled hamster was Boo, just the implication was bad enough.

Also, I realized I never picked up Gale as a companion. Oh well, next playthrough. :P (I also picked up Karlach quite late, after the situation with "her people" in the Druid enclave was already resolved :D )
—Stephen Jay Gould