Was Pulaski a woman? Study shows skeleton has feminine features.

Started by The Larch, April 09, 2019, 08:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on April 09, 2019, 12:03:05 PM
What does intersex mean?

I don't know what it means in this case.  If a man is born with a leg muscles structure that is found in 60% of all women and only in 50% of all men, is that person intersex?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on April 09, 2019, 12:30:39 PM
Quote from: The Brain on April 09, 2019, 12:27:12 PM
Why is the skeleton female in that case? Not rhetorical.

I've not read that the skeleton is female, just that its pelvis had features only generally seen on females.  Can skeletons themselves BE female or male?

I bet he got a lot of unwelcome attention in the old battalion when he wore riding pants.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: dps on April 09, 2019, 12:40:10 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 09, 2019, 12:28:43 PM

Used to be called hermaphrodite, but the latter term is now just used scientifically for plants with both kinds of sex organs and is considered inappropriate when referring to people or animals.

When did that happen?  I didn't get the memo, not that I particularly care.

Some point between 20 years ago and 10 years ago. It seemed like suddenly around 2007 I was hearing intersex.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Well, I read the Wiki article on it (as much as that's worth).  Intersex seems to cover an enormous amount of ground, anything from having both made and female genitalia to having an abnormal hormonal balance.  Anyone one of us could be intersex, show no physical signs, and only could only find out through genetic testing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Malthus

Can skeletons themselves BE female or male?

First one to make a pun about boners gets the Languish prize!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

I always hoped that my sex fantasies involving heroic foreign cavalry officers weren't gay.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: alfred russel on April 09, 2019, 01:37:55 PM
I always hoped that my sex fantasies involving heroic foreign cavalry officers weren't gay.

I'm a foreign cavalry private. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

We have a Pulaski county in Missouri.  As it is in the Ozarks there are all sorts of congenital abnormalities.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: alfred russel on April 09, 2019, 01:37:55 PM

Better be gay than sorry.

viper37

Quote from: The Brain on April 09, 2019, 12:27:12 PM
Why is the skeleton female in that case? Not rhetorical.

I've not read that the skeleton is female, just that its pelvis had features only generally seen on females.  Can skeletons themselves BE female or male?
According to Bones, yes.Also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skeleton#Sex_differences
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2019, 04:14:36 PM
We have a Pulaski county in Missouri.  As it is in the Ozarks there are all sorts of congenital abnormalities.
We have a Pulaski Skyway here in Jersey City.  Some parts of it definitely weren't where they should've been, such as on-ramps and off-ramps.  Getting onto the two-lane road with no shoulder that's congested with cars speeding at 60 MPH, from a stop sign on the left, is definitely an experience for those wanting to become more religious.  At least it didn't have a passing lane in the middle that was shared by both directions of traffic, that was replaced by a median in the fifties.