And we're back!

Main Menu

Damn you, Chuck Norris!

Started by Caliga, July 14, 2009, 05:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Stop randomly pitching footballs into the air!  :mad:

QuoteJet makes landing with football-sized hole

(CNN) -- A Southwest Airlines jet made an emergency landing in Charleston, West Virginia, on Monday after a football-sized hole in its fuselage caused

There were no injuries aboard the Boeing 737, which was traveling at about 30,000 feet when the problem occurred, Southwest spokeswoman Marilee McInnis told CNN.

The sudden drop in cabin pressure caused the jet's oxygen masks to deploy.

Southwest Flight 2294 was en route from Nashville, Tennessee, to Baltimore, Maryland, with 126 passengers and a crew of five aboard, McInnis said.

It landed at 5:10 p.m. after the crew reported a football-sized hole in the middle of the cabin near the top of the aircraft, McInnis said.

What caused the damage to the jet had not been determined, she said. Both the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the incident, FAA spokeswoman Holly Baker said.

In a statement issued Monday night, Southwest said "There is no responsible way to speculate as to a cause at this point."

"We have safety procedures in place, and they were followed in this instance to get all passengers and crew safely on the ground," the airline said. "Reports we have are that our passengers were calm and that our pilots and flight attendants did a great job getting the aircraft on the ground safely."

Southwest dispatched a replacement aircraft to take passengers on to Baltimore. See map of flight path ยป

Charleston airport spokesman Brian Belcher said a local pizzeria provided food for the passengers as they waited.

The damaged jet will remain on the ground there until federal inspectors can examine it, he said.

In addition, all 181 of Southwest's 737-300s -- about a third of the airline's fleet -- will be inspected overnight after the emergency landing, McInnis said. Southwest does not expect the inspections to create delays, she said.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 14, 2009, 05:08:31 AM
Charleston airport spokesman Brian Belcher said a local pizzeria provided food for the passengers as they waited.

If this was Gino's pizza by any chance, that's adding insult to injury.  That stuff is the nastiest, greasiest "pizza" I ever had.  For a while, growing up in the area, it was about the only choice we had  :(

edit: I just realized there are a lot of people with the surname "Belcher" in WV.  Must have something to do with the pizza.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Oh, dear Lord.  It was Gino's.  Those poor passengers :(

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=68494346.blog

QuoteOnce the flight was on the ground, the Daily Mail says passengers "were seated in the secure boarding area of the airport terminal and treated to beverages and free pizza from Gino's Pizzeria." Plante says the passengers had to wait about two hours for Southwest to send a replacement plane to complete the trip to Baltimore. "They looked like folks waiting for a connection," Plante tells the Daily Mail. "I expected a little bit more excitement, but they all seemed fine."

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

We had Papa Gino's in Boston.  It was decent pizza, and I liked that they had fries there so I could get pizza and french fries for dinner. :mmm:

I also liked the one in Marlborough because the manager looked exactly like Ron Jeremy. :cool:

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on July 14, 2009, 11:47:32 AM
We had Papa Gino's in Boston.  It was decent pizza, and I liked that they had fries there so I could get pizza and french fries for dinner. :mmm:

I'm sure it was edible, unlike the homegrown "Eyetalian" food in West Virginia.  Yeah, there were Italian immigrants there 100 years ago, but they must have been the least Italy had to offer, culinarily speaking

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 14, 2009, 11:47:32 AM

I also liked the one in Marlborough because the manager looked exactly like Ron Jeremy. :cool:

Vicious lies. Papa Ginos = eating tombstone pizza with a jukebox.

Also, there was more than one in Marlborough. One off route 20 near Williams and one on route 20 on the east side. I think the Williams one is now closed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

The one managed by Ron Jeremy is on 20 across the street from the shopping plaza with Price Chopper in it.  Also, spiess speaks the truth re: Italian food down here... it's truly horrible.  Papa Gino's is outstanding in comparison.  The only good Italian restaurant in Louisville, Vincenzo's, also happens to literally be the most expensive restaurant in the city.

garbon

Bad food in uncivilized places? I am : shocked! :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Where I live now is far more civilized than Mallbro.  For starters, people are actually polite and don't smell bad. :)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on July 14, 2009, 01:38:18 PM
The one managed by Ron Jeremy is on 20 across the street from the shopping plaza with Price Chopper in it.  Also, spiess speaks the truth re: Italian food down here... it's truly horrible.  Papa Gino's is outstanding in comparison.  The only good Italian restaurant in Louisville, Vincenzo's, also happens to literally be the most expensive restaurant in the city.

:lol:

Yes it is an italian food wasteland. When Bravo Italian kitchen is the best Wop food place in the area, you know you are in a Wop food wasteland.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 14, 2009, 03:05:59 PM
Where I live now is far more civilized than Mallbro.  For starters, people are actually polite and don't smell bad. :)

Marlborough didn't have good food either and people in my neighborhood were polite (overly in my opinion) and bathed regularly. Of course, my perspective is a little different as I lived on the Southborough line, and not in the Lincoln Street ghetto. :P

Pedrito

Wop Food != Italian Cuisine

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ed Anger

Pedrito

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 14, 2009, 04:04:21 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on July 14, 2009, 04:02:38 PM

L.

That's a spicy meatball!
:huh:
QuoteSex with an italian girl involving stuffing her anus with red peppers during intercourse (Urban Dictionary)

??

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Pedrito on July 14, 2009, 04:06:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 14, 2009, 04:04:21 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on July 14, 2009, 04:02:38 PM

L.

That's a spicy meatball!
:huh:
QuoteSex with an italian girl involving stuffing her anus with red peppers during intercourse (Urban Dictionary)

??

L.

:lol:

http://www.thatsaspicymeatball.com/